Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Update - July 16, 08

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Update - July 16, 08 Empty
PostSubject: Update - July 16, 08   Update - July 16, 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Hey all,

As some of you might have noticed, it's a bit slow in here and has been for a few days now. In response to the server for the forum going down for huge chunks of time twice in one week, we have decided we are going to move the game to a new board at a new server.

That said, for the past few days, the staff has been systematically moving each post, one by one, manually to the new board. We're not finished, yet, and when we are, you'll all know it, I promise.

For right now, you guys feel free to keep playing. We're moving the locked and abandoned or old threads currently as well as profiles, applications, announcements, etc. We haven't been playing, because we've been trying to move all these things and it takes a lot of time and work. While we prefer not to add more for ourselves to do, we encourage you guys to keep playing on your active threads. When we get to the point where we need to move those, we'll start locking them down one by one as we move them. Once we do that, you won't be able to play on those threads anymore, but on the bright side, it means we're almost ready to move the game entirely, so you won't have to wait very long.

Please don't feel discouraged from starting new threads with one another in the staff's absence in current threads - however, I'm going to ask that you send a private message to me with a link to any new threads you open, starting now, so that I can add them to my list of threads to transfer. I don't want to lose any posts, if I can help it, in the process of moving, much less entire threads.

I just wanted to give you all an update on what's going on so you're not all wondering why the board is so quiet. A large majority of the threads open right now have at least one staff member playing in them, thus, they've ground to a halt because we're trying to cut our work down so we can get you guys on a better, more reliable server to play on faster.

While I'm at it, we are currently looking for a new Toshiko Sato. Unfortunately, with all the work we're doing for this move, we haven't been able to advertise the way we would like to, for example, on LiveJournal or at other RPGs. If any of you know someone who would want to play our new Tosh, who will get to start from scratch should they so choose...or if one of you would like to play, please drop (or have them register here and send) a PM to one of the moderators (cassikat, ladydeadlock, & starrylizard) or myself with your/their application. We will move it to the new board and discuss it there. We'll PM you rather than reply to the application as we have done in the past. If any of you feel so inclined as to pimp TS&tR, please, by all means do so. Smile We'd love your help!

My rough estimate for the ETA of the new board is going to be somewhere between Sunday and next Tuesday. This isn't a set time frame; I'm judging solely on the rate at which things are currently going. When we're over there, things will pick up again, I'm sure, and I do apologize, on behalf of the whole staff, for any and all inconveniences (including the move to the new board) that the phpBB servers are causing all of you. Please accept my apologies and hang in there. We'll be back full swing soon.

Happy RPing!
-Jen
Back to top Go down
http://mistojen.livejournal.com

Update - July 16, 08
Page 1 of 1