Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

Number of posts : 522
Character : Dr. Owen Harper
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Owen leaned his head against her shoulder dejectedly, moving his hands to her back for better balance. "You're just going to keep leaving me hanging until I tell you, aren't you?"
Back to top Go down
http://rinoachan326.livejournal.com/profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

Number of posts : 515
Character : Lynne Masters

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:47 pm

Lynne paused, looking down at him. "Do we...have time for me not to...?" she asked quietly as her cheeks grew pink and she felt her stomach flip-flop in pleasant anticipation.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Owen looked up at Lynne. "I'm sure Andy will understand if we're a few minutes late," he grinned.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:01 pm

Lynne laughed. "Oh and I'm the naughty one," she joked before kissing him and moving her hand back to the waist of his pants. "Our very first quickie, how romantic," she teased, winking at him.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:16 pm

Owen grinned at Lynne triumphantly. He kissed her hard and started working at the button on her pants.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:23 pm

Owen wasted no time working on trying to get her pants off and suddenly, when she considered earlier in the afternoon, a quickie really wasn't all that appealing after all.

"Owen..." she said gently, removing her hand from his waistline and placing it on his hand to stop him. "Um...you know what? Maybe not..." she said softly, her smile falling away.

He was a great guy, but he was still a guy...and guys got mad when a girl stopped them after egging them on. She was certain Owen would be upset, but she just wasn't really in the mood for a quick one that would pale heavily in comparison to what they'd done earlier.

"I'm sorry..." she added sheepishly, having the grace, at least, to look as apologetic as she felt.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:14 pm

"Jesus Christ," Owen whispered sharply as Lynne stopped them. Sure, he could understand, if he tried, why she'd stopped, but he was a bit aggravated by her egging him on only to stop. He moved his hands back to her hips and rested his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes tight. He didn't want to be angry with her, and she did seem genuinely sorry, so he was trying to calm himself back down before they left.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:26 pm

"Jesus Christ,"

Lynne closed her eyes and winced. She wanted to apologize. She should, but she froze there, waiting. Part of her thought if she apologized, he'd pull back and give her a death glare before kicking her out, while the other part assumed he'd keep quiet; that he was trying to cool off. The fact of the matter, though, was...well, he did deserve an apology. She'd have been angry if it was the other way around.

"I just..." she started, stomach clenching with nervousness. "Look, this afternoon...was amazing. And..." she paused, swallowing hard. "I mean, I just don't want to...I guess...cheapen it..." she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 pm

"I just..." she started, stomach clenching with nervousness. "Look, this afternoon...was amazing. And..." she paused, swallowing hard. "I mean, I just don't want to...I guess...cheapen it..."

Owen lifted his head and looked at Lynne slowly, sighing heavily. He smiled at her as best he could. She was right. Earlier had been amazing, but... "You shouldn't mess around like that, it's not fair," he said, kissing her on the forehead. He pushed at her lightly, "We should be going soon, then."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:02 pm

Lynne smiled sheepishly at him. "I know, I know...it's just that you're so damn irresistable," she said, biting her bottom lip. She wanted to lighten his mood. She got the feeling that he was still a little upset and rightfully so...but she didn't want him to be angry with her. "I'll make it up to you ten fold later if you want," she offered sincerely.

Slowly, Lynne climbed off Owen's lap and stood. "PS, I'm still going to try and figure out your weakness," she warned playfully. "But I promise to be appropriate," she added jokingly with a wink as she held her hand out to him.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:48 pm

Owen stood up next to Lynne. He smiled weakly at her, stroking her hair behind her ear. He took a deep breath and took her hand. "Shall we, then?"
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Lynne gave Owen's hand a gentle squeeze and nodded. "We shall," she giggled. She still felt bad, but she hoped that if she visually let it go, once Owen was in the company of his old friend, he would forget to be upset with her. "Let's see what this band can do, then," she added, suddenly feeling renewed excitement to get to the gig.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 pm

The bar was dark and crowded, but Owen found a table near the back, around where he always sat. He pulled the chair out for Lynne before waving for a waitress. The band wasn't yet on stage, and the crowd was getting antsy. Owen smiled at Lynne from across the table. "You're going to love this."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:10 pm

Lynne smiled back at him. "I don't doubt it," she said confidently. So far, their taste in music seemed to be pretty much on the same page. "I can't wait til they start. But, you know, the anticipation before the band starts to play is kind of the best part sometimes, isn't it?" she asked excitedly.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:27 pm

Owen smiled at Lynne as the waitress approached the table. He ordered his drink as the band started to play.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:36 pm

Lynne's attention turned to the stage as the band started to play. Owen wasn't kidding; they were really good. And they had a good stage presence, which was always a plus. Nothing worse listening to great music when the band playing it looked like they'd rather be doing anything else.

"You weren't kidding..." she said, looking briefly back at Owen and giving him a bright smile. "They're really good, babe!"
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Owen was glad to see Lynne enjoying herself. It'd been a long time since he'd taken anyone to one of these gigs, and he would've been a bit upset with himself if she didn't like it.

The band finished the first set, and Andy approached the table. Owen stood up to greet his friend. "Andy, I'd like you to meet Lynne, my girlfriend, Lynne, Andy." He liked introducing her that way.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:56 pm

"Andy, I'd like you to meet Lynne, my girlfriend, Lynne, Andy."

Suddenly Lynne knew what the cliched 'warm and fuzzy inside' feeling felt like as she smiled and held out a hand to Owen's friend. She liked being introduced that way by Owen. Something about it made her feel exceptionally special and cared about. ...a bit like she was a won prize which, oddly enough, made her feel less objectified and more desired than she would've thought.

"Nice to meet you, Andy. You guys are great! I really love your sound," she said sincerely.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:03 am

Andy shook Lynne's hand, smiling broadly at her. "Girlfriend!" he said enthusiastically, slapping Owen on the back, "Didn't know you were in the market, as it were. And she's got good taste, too."

Owen winced slightly at the slap. "I wasn't, really... Just sort of.. happened," he said, taking Lynne's hand in his own.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Andy's surprise at Owen's introduction of Lynne didn't phase her; given what she did know about Owen, she had a feeling that his friend would be taken aback slightly by the word 'girlfriend.' Not that Lynne minded...it made her feel even better.

"I wasn't, really... Just sort of.. happened,"

As Owen took her hand, Lynne tucked her hair behind her ears with her free hand and blushed. She decided to get on Andy's good side - it always paid for the significant other's friends to like you. "So, who's your inspiration? I'm feelin' a little bit of the Doors, but with a bass rather than keys, I'm thinking that's maybe more coincidental than anything else. I like your lyrics, too. That's the great thing about bands that aren't signed...they can say what they want in their songs and deliver any message without worrying about what the masses will think. Mainstream sucks for walking on eggshells," she said to Andy as she gave Owen's hand a small squeeze.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:04 pm

"So, who's your inspiration? I'm feelin' a little bit of the Doors, but with a bass rather than keys, I'm thinking that's maybe more coincidental than anything else. I like your lyrics, too."

Andy laughed. "That's actually a bit funny. Our lead singer, Greg, thought he was the next Jim Morrison back in Uni. Thought he was the man, yeh? Had the haircut and everything. Owen wouldn't remember that, though. They didn't talk much, no reason, really. Owen's a great friend, though," he said, clapping Owen on the back, "Hasn't missed a show since we met. Well, the one, but... Every time I come here, there he sits, and I certainly hope to be seeing more of you!" He smiled at Lynne.

Owen took a drink to hide his dismay. He quickly regained his polite smile, happy to see that Andy and Lynne seemed to be getting along.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:12 pm

"There was only one Jim Morrison," she deadpanned, pausing for a moment before shaking her head and giggling. "I've really got to work on that...I can't keep a straight face to save my life.

"Hasn't missed a show since we met. Well, the one, but... Every time I come here, there he sits, and I certainly hope to be seeing more of you!"

Lynne smirked and looked over at Owen. "Just the one, huh?" she asked. "Pretty good track record, babe."

She looked back at Andy. "I hope you get to see more of me, too, but I don't get out a lot at night...I work at a bar; tonight was a fluke night off. I'd still really like to be able to hear the music whenever I damn well please, though," she said. "Do you guys have a CD I can buy or anything?"
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Andy nodded, "Oh yeah, we'll be selling CD's after the show. Ask for me, and I'll get you one for free." Someone at the bar waved to him, and he smiled between Lynne and Owen. "Listen, I've got to get back now, but it was great meeting you!" He and Owen stood up and exchanged friendly hugs, before Andy put his hand out to Lynne again.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Lynne nodded and after Andy and Owen hugged, she took Andy's hand and shook it again. "It was great meeting you, too," she replied with a sincere smile.

Somewhere deep down Lynne wondered if Andy would be the only person Owen would ever introduce her to as his girlfriend. She wasn't bitter about it, just curious and, if she was right in thinking so, sad for Owen.

Wrapping her arm around Owen's waist, Lynne leaned her head to rest on his shoulder. "Your friend's really nice," she said before craning her neck and looking up at him with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Owen looked down and kissed Lynne. "He's a good friend. Best I have, I'd say. I knew you two would get along," he smiled. "The next set's about to start." He hugged her and sat back down, taking a sip from his beer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next