Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

Number of posts : 515
Character : Lynne Masters
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Empty
PostSubject: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:36 am

Lynne stood in front of one of the large windows in Owen's bedroom, looking out over the city of Cardiff as she waited for Owen; he was taking a shower. The city lights sparkled and Lynne let out a small sigh. Out her own bedroom window was a McDonalds and a dumpster. Outside Owen's was the entire city and it looked more beautiful than anything Lynne thought she'd seen in a very long time.

The water stopped running and she looked over her shoulder. He'd be coming out soon. Lynne crossed her arms over her chest and hugged herself against the chill of the air conditioner and looked at her reflection in the window. She was wearing one of Owen's button up shirts; she guessed it was an older one from its state of wear. The blue was muted and the bottom hem, which hung a few inches down her thighs, was slightly frayed, as though it had been washed one too many times for its own liking. Her uncomfortable and too-short jean shorts had been kicked off to the side once he'd given her the shirt and left the bedroom. Lynne's halter was crumpled beside them on the floor.

She could hear Owen moving around in the bathroom and she closed her eyes, shutting out the translucent reflection of herself in his window. She hadn't had a chance to run nearly as much as she'd wanted to and she hadn't had time to go to the gym, either. Lynne wondered if he'd notice the extra weight and if he did, if he'd say anything. The Asshole always had.

Owen isn't him. He never will be. Stop comparing them; it's not fair to Owen, she reminded herself.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

Number of posts : 522
Character : Dr. Owen Harper

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:42 am

Owen was pulling a t-shirt over his head as he left the bathroom. He noticed Lynne standing in front of the window and walked up behind her, putting his arms around her. He placed a kiss gently on his cheek and looked outside, too.

"It's really quite lovely, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
http://rinoachan326.livejournal.com/profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:46 am

Lynne closed her eyes and smiled, putting her hands on top of Owen's and leaning her head back slightly to rest her cheek against his. "It really is," she said softly. "It all looks so tiny and peaceful from here..."

She felt comfortable and safe there, wrapped in Owen's arms. "Bet it's great for impressing the ladies," she joked, smirking slightly.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:51 am

"Bet it's great for impressing the ladies," she joked, smirking slightly.

"Hey, that's not fair," he let out a small, appreciative laugh. He kissed her on the cheek again. "I actually haven't looked out of this window in a long time. I just... never bother anymore..."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:54 am

"I actually haven't looked out of this window in a long time. I just... never bother anymore..."

Lynne pulled back from him just enough to be able to look at him. "Oh, how can you not? I'd be looking out it every day..." she said softly. She shivered again against the air conditioner. "Thanks for letting me borrow the shirt, Owen," she said softly. She didn't add that it was far more comfortable than what she'd been wearing.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:01 am

"Oh, how can you not? I'd be looking out it every day..."

Owen continued looking out the window. He shook his head slightly. "I don't know... I just... I've never thought about it before..."

"Thanks for letting me borrow the shirt, Owen,"

"Not at all, it looks good on you," Owen joked, cocking a suggestive eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:08 am

"I don't know... I just... I've never thought about it before..."

Lynne wondered if he'd lived here with Katie. If Katie had stood in the very place Lynne was standing, looking out the very same window. Maybe that was why Owen never looked out, anymore. Her eyes drifted downward sheepishly, but she said nothing.

"Not at all, it looks good on you,"

She looked up again when he started to speak and caught the look on his face. "Clearly, it's because I'm bringing sexy back," she joked dryly, pulling away from him only to drop her weight back against him heavily in the form of a playful shove.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 am

"Clearly, it's because I'm bringing sexy back,"

Owen smiled, looking at her reflection in the window. "You really are beautiful, you know."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:15 am

"You really are beautiful, you know."

Lynne blushed and looked down. "I'm not all that, Owen. I'm just me," she practically whispered. Lynne wasn't used to receiving compliments; she wasn't entirely sure how to take them in a graceful way.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:21 am

Owen kissed Lynne on the cheek again. "Sure you are," he whispered and closed his eyes, hoping the sun would never rise.

"I'm sorry," he started, "About earlier... I don't mean to have secrets... it's just sort of a job requirement."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:26 am

Owen kissed her on the cheek again. "Sure you are,"

Being hit on by drunken idiots was a very different thing than this; Owen was genuinely complimenting Lynne and she wasn't sure what to say. Instead, she bowed her head slightly and blushed a little harder.

"I'm sorry," he started, "About earlier... I don't mean to have secrets... it's just sort of a job requirement."

"Don't be sorry," Lynne countered. At least he'd given her a reason why he couldn't explain his job, which was more than she could say for The Asshole... She appreciated that he felt bad about not being able to share, although she felt badly about making him feel that way. "It's okay," she added.

Lynne pulled away from him slightly and looked at him again. "Anything else I should know?" she asked, smirking slightly. "I mean, you're not, like, Spiderman on your off days or anything, right?" she joked.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:31 am

"Spiderman, no," he laughed. "Though I can't promise I'd pass if up if someone offered it to me." He squeezed her slightly. "Tell me about yourself, I want to know." He smiled at her reflection.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:34 am

Lynne smirked a little at his response and leaned her head back again when he gave her a gentle squeeze.

"Tell me about yourself, I want to know."

"That's a bit vague...we'll be here forever," Lynne joked. "What do you wanna know?" she asked.

Lynne was all for sharing, but she had no idea where to begin. It didn't help that she was focused on the possibility that Owen wanted to know because he actually cared. It seemed as though they were a bit past small talk now, anyway, after their first date...
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:39 am

"I don't know," Owen said, letting out a deep sigh. "I just feel like we skipped a bit, you know? Like I should know what your favorite movie is, but I don't, or what kind of music you like, or whatever. That sort of thing."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:43 am

"I just feel like we skipped a bit, you know? Like I should know what your favorite movie is, but I don't, or what kind of music you like, or whatever. That sort of thing."

She knew exactly what he meant. In fact, Lynne felt like they'd skipped a bit, too. "Yeah..." she agreed. "Well...my favorite movie...that's a tough one, because it changes a lot. But, mainly, I stick in the horror genre. Horror, psychological thrillers; that stuff. The old classics are pretty good, but I'm kind of a gore fiend," she admitted. "So the new ones are always good for that. And as for music...might sound a bit weird coming from someone who works in a bar that plays techno all night, but I grew up listening to classic rock with my dad. AC/DC, Boston, Journey...Scorpions," she paused. "When I was little...my dad used to rock me to sleep playing Scorpions ballads," she added absently, smiling a bit at the memory. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:49 am

"I'm more into science-fiction films. Especially those really cheesy ones from the 50's. Love that sort of thing... As far as music goes, classic rock is it. AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, bands like that." He smiled and hugged her. "You close? You and your dad?"
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:53 am

"Don't think I've ever given sci-fi movies a fair shot. Sat through one of the original Star Wars movies when I was younger just to spend some time with my dad and brother, but I didn't really like it or get it, so...I just wrote off the whole genre. I wouldn't mind giving it a go again, if I had a reason," she admitted.

"You close? You and your dad?"

Lynne smiled wanly. "Yeah. My whole family's close...it's miserable being so far away from them and not being able to afford to visit ever..." she said softly. "My dad and I haven't got anything in common other than our taste in music, but any chance I get, I talk music with him. My brother and I, same story only television shows. My mom, though...she's like my best friend. I miss her like mad. Her poor phone bill," she added with a small laugh. "What about you? Have you got family around here?"
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:00 am

Owen smiled as Lynne talked about her family.

"What about you? Have you got family around here?"

He thought about smiling, but knew it would be a sad one, so he dropped it altogether. He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"No. I left them all in London," he said. "Well, my dad left us when I was young, and my mum kicked me out on my 16th birthday. Haven't talked to her since." It was a bad memory, but he asked about her family, so it'd only be natural she asked. And he felt a bit relieved that he'd told her. He'd never talked about his family before, and it felt good to get it out there.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:04 am

At first, Lynne didn't really know what to say when Owen replied to her query. She knew that broken families existed in the world...she'd just never known someone personally who had come from one. "I'm sorry," she said gently, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "If I ever get a chance to go home...you should come. I think my family would take right to you," she said sincerely.

"Doesn't it get a bit...lonely?" she asked, not really wanting to push sensitive buttons, but curious nevertheless. "I mean, you know, other than Tosh and Ianto and the other people you work with...do you know anyone here in Cardiff? ...I know I get lonely," she admitted, hoping the confession would soften the blow of the question.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:13 am

"We're pretty close at work," Owen began, "But, yeah. After spending all my time with them, I sort of want to have someone to talk to about stuff that isn't work. But I sort of... forgot how to get to know people after Katie died, so I just stuck with the people at work."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:14 am

"Well, then, it's a good thing you met me, isn't it?" Lynne asked with a small smile, kissing his cheek. "And for the record, I think you're doing fine. Baby steps," she told him.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:42 am

"Thanks," he said, smiling and letting out a soft sigh. He stared out of the window for a bit, still holding Lynne close. "I'm glad I met you."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 am

"I'm glad I met you, too," Lynne said sincerely. She let out a small sigh, too and closed her eyes, reveling in the comfort she felt simply by being wrapped in Owen's arms. The sooner they got to know one another decently well, the sooner Lynne would be comfortable having a title; a title she didn't even realize she'd wanted so badly until she'd said she didn't want it.

"What sort of things do you look for in people? Friends, flings, relationships...anyone. What sorts of things attract you to a person?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:56 am

"What sort of things do you look for in people? Friends, flings, relationships...anyone. What sorts of things attract you to a person?" she asked.

He looked out the window. Bit of a tough question. He thought about all of the women he'd had any sort of relationship with, Katie, Gwen, Diane, Tosh...

"I think... I like strong women. My mum was one of those who fell apart after her man left, and I don't like what it did to her," he swallowed hard, 'or... me' was left unsaid.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:58 am

"I think... I like strong women. My mum was one of those who fell apart after her man left, and I don't like what it did to her,"

Lynne looked down. He wouldn't have liked her after Matthew left her, then, that was for sure. Months and months of crying over cookie dough ice cream and throwing gummy bears at the television screen whenever an even slightly romantic scene came on...

"Does that mean you think I'm a strong woman, then, Owen?" she asked softly, a wan smile passing over her lips at the irony of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]   Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isn't something missing? [attn: Owen]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next