Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

Number of posts : 522
Character : Dr. Owen Harper
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Owen finished putting his shirt on and checked his pockets to make sure he had everything. The missing mobile excuse wasn't likely to work on Jack two days in a row. Once he was satisfied that he had everything, he looked at Lynne, "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
http://rinoachan326.livejournal.com/profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

Number of posts : 515
Character : Lynne Masters

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:27 pm

Lynne pulled her tank top over her head and let her hair down from it's bun, only to pull it back up again more smoothly. "Yeah, ready," she replied giving him a shy smile. "I don't have a mirror in here, so, you're going to have to be honest unless you want me to run into the bathroom to check, but do I look like a complete and total zombie or can I skip the sunglasses?" she asked, smirking at him.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:31 pm

"You look gorgeous," Owen said, kissing her cheek. He took her hand, intertwining their fingers, and led them out the door.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:34 pm

As they walked to Owen's car, Lynne felt oddly contented. The sun felt warmer, the streets seemed quieter; the birds were chirping and it was a nice day. It didn't occur to Lynne, at the time, to be bothered by the fact that she'd be cooped up inside a salon and then in a smoky bar for the bulk of it. All that mattered was that she was with Owen and he was holding her hand and she felt amazing.

"So, after this, I'll see you at the bar tonight?" she asked, wanting to be sure she'd get to see him again as soon as possible. She'd ask about lunch, if she hadn't already made plans...
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Owen opened the car door to let Lynne in before getting in himself. The cafe was 5 minute drive back towards his flat, and he held her hand the whole time.

The cafe itself looked a little run down, but it was clean and their coffee was strong. "What do you want?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:44 pm

"What do you want?"

Lynne looked over at Owen and raised her eyebrows. "Something fucking strong, Doctor Rises Before the Day Actually Begins," she joked. "Espresso, cappucino; doesn't matter...something that'll make me feel like I'm not still half-asleep," she went on, leaning herself against him slightly and yawning again.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Owen kissed the top of Lynne's head and guided her to the counter so he didn't have to interrupt her lean. "I'd like a black coffee and... an espresso. Big as they come," he said to the overly energetic girl behind the bar.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:52 pm

"I'd like a black coffee and... an espresso. Big as they come,"

Lynne smiled and tipped her head to look up at Owen. "Ohhhh, I fucking love you, Owen," she told him, grateful for the size he'd ordered. She was quick to add, "thank you," because while she'd meant it casually, she wasn't sure if he'd take it literally and panic.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Owen smirked at her. The overly hyper girl came back with the coffees and handed them to Owen in exchange for payment. He handed Lynne her espresso as he took a sip from his coffee and guided her over to a table in the corner.

"Watch out, though, that'll turn you into her," Owen joked, nodding back towards the counter.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Lynne took a seat across the table from Owen and lifted the drink to her lips. She raised her eyebrows and smirked at him over the edge of the cup. "Yeah, I doubt it...she's clearly on something other than caffeine," she joked. "Hey, if you get a few minutes today, does your phone text? I won't be able to pick up any calls, especially at the salon, but I can usually sneak text messaging if I pop into the back room for a minute..."

She took a sip of the espresso and closed her eyes. "Oh, my God, how I started mornings without this stuff before I moved here is beyond me," she practically moaned. "Coffee in the States is horrible and it upsets my stomach, but here? Everything in Cardiff is so, so much better," she went on.

And, as far as she could tell, it was true. The coffee was better, their chocolate was much better and, well, there was Owen, in Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:11 pm

Owen nodded in response to Lynne's text messaging inquiry. His face grew mock-serious when she started talking about American coffee. "I've heard American coffee's watered down. I don't think I could ever live there," he said before a grin found its way to his face. He laughed a little, "I'm rubbish at keeping a straight face, aren't I?"
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:15 pm

"I'm rubbish at keeping a straight face, aren't I?"

Lynne smirked and took another sip. "Yes and by the way, even the slang is better here. I'm a bit jealous I can't use it without sounding like an idiot," she replied, crinkling her nose. "Why do I have a feeling today's going to drag for me?" she asked, drawing out the word 'drag' morosely and frowning.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:20 pm

Owen smiled and took Lynne's hand in his. "Yeah.. At least we have something to look forward to..."

He checked his watch. "I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've got to get to work."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:24 pm

"Yeah.. At least we have something to look forward to..."

Lynne nodded and smiled. "Yeah, thank God for that," she sighed.

"I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've got to get to work."

As much as she wanted to frown, she wouldn't let herself. Instead, she nodded again and stood. "Yeah, I should go de-scuff myself; I feel gross; I hate mornings," she laughed.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Owen stood and kissed Lynne before bringing her home.

He stopped in front of her building and held her hand, leaning in to kiss her one more time. "I'll see you tonight," he smiled.

The few minutes it took for him to drive to work torture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4