Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

Number of posts : 515
Character : Lynne Masters
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

Number of posts : 522
Character : Dr. Owen Harper

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:36 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://rinoachan326.livejournal.com/profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:41 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:10 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:30 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Lynne lolled her head to the side to look at Owen, heavy-lidded with exhaustion, as he kissed her hand. "We should relax at least once a day," she laughed airily before leaning over to kiss him.

After a moment of rest, Lynne situated herself more comforably, resting her head on Owen's chest and intertwining their fingers as she closed her eyes. "Would it sound like a line if I said I wish we could stay like this forever and never have to go to work or do anything else until the end of time?" she asked quietly only half-joking.

The rest of the world didn't seem to matter to Lynne when she was with Owen; it felt good. Right.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:24 pm

"Would it sound like a line if I said I wish we could stay like this forever and never have to go to work or do anything else until the end of time?"

Owen let out a soft laugh and kissed the top of Lynne's forehead. "That would be... amazing. And I think relaxing every day is quite healthy," he laughed. "Trust me, I'm a doctor."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:31 pm

"That would be... amazing. And I think relaxing every day is quite healthy," he laughed. "Trust me, I'm a doctor."

Lynne smiled and tilted her head upward to look at Owen. "That excuse is only going to be cute enough to work for a little while, so you might wanna milk it for all it's worth while you still can," she joked.

Looking up at him just then, Lynne felt as though she'd known him forever. She was as comfortable with him now as she'd ever been with anyone. Given the short time they'd known one another, it would've been far more normal for Lynne to be pulling up the sheets or have shut out the bedroom light on their way in, but she did neither. That could really only mean one thing and even if she was willing to begin admitting it to herself, there was no way she was going to dare speak it to Owen. Men heard words like that and ran; if there was one thing Lynne didn't want, it was for Owen to run.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:38 pm

Lynne looked up at Owen. He looked back down at her, smiled, and kissed her. "What?"
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:42 pm

"What?"

"What...'what?'" she asked, confused. Had she thought aloud? Panic set in and she looked away to recompose herself.

If she'd thought aloud, she'd completely contradicted everything she'd said to Owen in the kitchen...so, on top of looking like an idiot, she'd be a waffling, hypocritcal idiot.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:46 pm

"What...'what?'"

"Nothing," Owen said calmly, "You just looked like you wanted to say something, that's all." He freed his hand from hers and wrapped his arms around her, shifting to his side. He kissed her forehead and sighed happily into her hair.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:05 pm

"You just looked like you wanted to say something, that's all."

...I did...but I'm not actually going to... she thought as Owen wrapped his arms around her. Lynne felt, in a word, safe. Like nothing could touch her or hurt her. She closed her eyes and smiled against Owen's chest. "I wish we never had to move..." she reiterated as she snuggled herself against him.

For the first time in years, Lynne felt really and truly happy. She really did never want to move. Lynne squeezed her eyes shut tighter, trying to sear the sensation of his arms around her and his warm skin against her cheek into her memory. Even if Owen did decide to leave her behind like every other man had, at least she'd have this memory to hang onto until she found a reason to let go again.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:20 pm

"I wish we never had to move..."

Owen wished for the same thing. He tried to pretend that he didn't have to move, but buried deep in the back of his mind he knew that tomorrow, bright and early, he'd have to get up and leave her for another day. He gave Lynne a gently squeeze to tell her that he agreed and drifted off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Once Owen's breathing shallowed and slowed and Lynne was certain he was asleep, she disentangled herself from his arms and propped herself up on one elbow. She looked down at him, watching him sleep, and wondered how long she could continue to deny what she felt toward him. Wondered, too, if he felt the same way or if she was doomed to be a temporary replacement for Katie.

"I hope you never leave," she whispered, giving a wan smile and letting out a soft sigh. She paused before leaning down and pressing her lips softly to his forehead. "Can I keep you...?" she breathed before lying back down and curling up against him, closing her eyes and deciding to let herself drift off, too. Tomorrow was going to be a very long day.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:43 pm

Owen was jolted awake by the sound of his mobile. He'd set an alarm to wake him up for the work, but forgot about it in the madness of the night before. He grumbled out of bed, fumbled through his pants pockets and hit the snooze button. He crawled back into bed and mumbled "10 more minutes..."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 pm

The sound of Owen's alarm woke Lynne up for the second morning in a row and she was starting to really hate that damn thing. "Time is it?" she yawned, rolling away from the sound and putting a pillow over her head. It was darker, at least, in her room than it had been in Owen's. She had a singular, small window in contrast to Owen's numerous floor-to-ceiling sized ones. The sun still beamed brightly through, regardless. She pouted. "I don't want to go to work..." she whined.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Owen moved closer to Lynne, picking the pillow she had placed over her head up, kissing the back of her head, and replacing it. "You have to work tonight?"
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:53 pm

Lynne grinned a little when Owen replaced the pillow rather than tossing it aside. The amusement was short-lived, though, because then he spoke.

"You have to work tonight?"

"Ugh, I have to work both jobs today...I hate those days..." she pouted before removing the pillow and rolling onto her back, turning her head to look at him. "You should stop in. You should bring some friends...share the wealth; I haven't really got any, here, yet," she laughed, only half-joking.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:03 pm

"You should stop in. You should bring some friends...share the wealth; I haven't really got any, here, yet,

"Yeah, maybe..." he said, wondering who'd go with him, or who he'd ask.

Owen propped himself up and looked down at her. "Do you want to grab a coffee with me before work?"
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Lynne smiled a little. "Yeah, okay, should have plenty of time to still get back here and ready for work after coffee...seeing as how you have to be to work at the ass crack of dawn..." she joked, sitting up and stretching her arms over her head. When she lowered them, she circled them around Owen's neck loosely and pulled him in for a kiss.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:11 pm

After Lynne kissed Owen, he smiled, kissed her again, and slid out of bed, gathering the clothes that had been scattered the night before and putting them back on. "There's a place not too far from here that I usually go to before work." Ianto made great coffee, but Owen was in no sense of the word a morning person.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Lynne climbed out of bed after him and decided she might as well wear last night's clothes to the coffee shop - no point in dirtying a work outfit before getting in the shower. "Sounds like a plan," Lynne replied as she slid into her pants, not bothering with her panties. It wasn't as if she was going to be out long; no one would know. Not that she cared, anyway.

She sneaked a glance at Owen as he dressed and smirked. Too good to be true... she thought again as his back muscles flexed and relaxed when he moved. For the third time in less than twenty four hours, Lynne wished she could call him 'hers'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]   Find me in the evening [attn: Owen] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Find me in the evening [attn: Owen]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next