Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

Number of posts : 47
Character : Capt. John Hart
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Empty
PostSubject: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:53 am

John stumbled into the street. "Whoa hey-up." he turned back to the bar door slamming in his face. "I hadn't finished my drink yet..." he leant against the wall, he'd been here a week now, and 7 days of drinking was beginging to show. He dug round is pocket briefly, pulling out half a joint quite casually on the busy street. He lit up before pushing off the wall and turned into the busy street, head reeling a little. He was pretty sure he was near the place under the pavement, so he'd have to behave. He enjoyed the high head spinning a bit, he was thirsty again.

He found himself being pushed a long by the busy street's crowd and enjoyed it for a moment before shoving his way out. "Move you great lard." he pushed against a larger man who was blocking his way into a cafe advertising an offer on beer, god this century was boring, the man shook his head.

"Think you've had too much already mate.." John snarled, grabbing the man at the throat.

"I don't think I've had enough mate." he snarled, pushing a knife into the man's side, as a threat, smoke circling round the man.

"Mate, I'm gunna call the police, you shouldn't be carrying that, and that.." he inhaled the smoke. "I'm sure isn't legal.. argh" John pushed the knife in the man's side, watching him crumble in pain and walked in over him, putting the bloody knife on the table and clearing it for himself.

"OUT ALL OF YOU." the busy cafe looked at him. He pulled a gun out and waved it casually. "Armed."
Back to top Go down
memoriesandwhiskey
memoriesandwhiskey

Number of posts : 28
Character : Jared Smith
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 5:24 am

Jared had been walking along the street; a lone guy - not sober, but not drunk either, just nicely buzzed - hunched down in his jacket and very easily ignored. That was generally the way he liked it, but what he'd just seen had raised his hackles and then some.

Adrenaline pumping and wishing he was armed, Jared crept along the wall beneath the window of the cafe until he reached the large man who had just been stabbed. "Hey, mate? Can you hear me?" He kept his voice low and quiet, hoping the man inside with the red jacket wouldn't be able to hear him.
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:23 pm

Looking round the cafe, unsurprised at the fact that it was now pretty much empty, one man still sat at the bar, seemingly trying to drown himself, and a couple of people were scattered round the room, in the shadows, trying to see if he was for real or not, he thought he saw a familiar face, but didn't dwell on it. The girl behind the counter was staring at him, frozen, chewing gum loudly, with her mouth open. He rolled his eyes, motioning to her as if talking to a particularly dull child.

"D-R-I-N-K. Get. Me. A. Beer." He pointed to the tap and motioning to the rack of pint glasses. He turned to the window to see the stabbed man standing slowly up and talking to someone. He hadn't been stabbed deeply, just a shallow cut. He cocked his head, and watched what was happening, it appeared the man was talking to the pavement. John was a little drunk. A touch high, but not that bad. "What?" Today was turning out far to difficult for his liking.
Back to top Go down
memoriesandwhiskey
memoriesandwhiskey

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 pm

The guys, seeming a little dazed, stood up holding his hand to his side. "Yeah, I'll live. Better call the police I guess."

The guy's voice shook some, but there wasn't a lot of blood and he seemed for real. The shops on either side of the street were dark and closed this late at night, so no help there. Probably one of the customers that ran for it would've called the police already, but if he'd learnt one thing about human nature in his lifetime, it was that they didn't always do the obvious thing.

"Okay, mate. Better get away from here. I don't carry a mobile, but I think there's a phone box at the end of the street. Let's head there."

All to aware that he might become visible to whoever was inside, Jared stood slowly and helped to shoulder some of the guy's weight.
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

Number of posts : 123
Character : Gwen Cooper
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:59 pm

Gwen was having, as usual, a very bad day. Not only had there been blood, but there had been slime as well. Lots of slime, and even standing for half an hour under the showers in the hub hadn't got rid of the grimy feeling. She pulled on a freshly set of laundered clothes (thanks Ianto) and decided maybe it was time to go home, the report could wait till morning.
Walking to her desk to grab her jacket she waived at the rest of the team before leaving, through the cog door and along the boardwalk to the car park.
Her trusty Fiat 500 stood waiting for her, and she thankfully slid into the comfortable seat while thinking about grabbing a beer and a take-away to share with Rhys when she got home.
Pulling out of the car park she slowly meandered through the city centre it being more direct this time of night, until she saw something very reminiscent of her police days.
Infront of her she could see two figures walking very oddly, one seemingly supporting the other.
Pulling over and taking her keys out of the ignition she thought it might be best to see if they needed any help, she checked her gun and undid her seat-belt.
Getting out of the car she tried to grab the attention of the two men.
"Hey, everything ok there?"
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:51 am

Still watching with interest as the two men began to hobble away, now with a beer in hand and stood next to the counter girl who was also watching, with a blank expression. This girl was really rather un-intelligent. He wondered if shooting the new man in the leg would make it more interesting, or maybe if he should do the human race a favor and shoot the dull looking and thinking girl dead.. then a familiar face popped up. His newest drinking buddy. PC Gwen Cooper. He walked to the door, leaning heavily against the frame, trying to seem cool, but really putting across the real reason he was leaning. He was tried, wasted, and not having much fun really, and feeling very very old, and lonely , picking random strangers up for sex, or even people who are willing to pay was loosing it's charm, and just a disguise to what the problem was. No one liked or loved him, not even jack anymore. Murder, drink, drugs and sex, all covered it up, but the shield was crumbling these days.

"Hello" He said suggestively. Using his gun to wave her inside, taking a sip of the beer, well a gulp, before continuing. "Fancy seeing you here PC Cooper."
Back to top Go down
memoriesandwhiskey
memoriesandwhiskey

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:08 am

"Hey, everything ok there?"

A woman parked her car, getting out to see if they needed help. Brave, he though, but then he noticed the bulge of a gun close to her hand and amended his assessment to Brave, but not stupid.

"There's a man inside, heavily armed and intoxicated," Jared replied, brief and to the point. The other man had perked up now, seemingly over the initial shock of being stabbed. He wasn't leaning so heavily on Jared as he had been.

Jared paused as a voice greeted them from outside. He turned to face the red-coated nutter who'd stabbed the guy earlier... the one who he just referred to as armed and intoxicated.

"Hello" He said suggestively. Using his gun to wave her inside, taking a sip of the beer, well a gulp, before continuing. "Fancy seeing you here PC Cooper."

Jared froze, upon finding he was now standing between two unknown people, both with guns. How the hell did that happen?
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:15 am

"There's a man inside, heavily armed and intoxicated,"

"Hello. Fancy seeing you here PC Cooper."

Gwen knew that voice all too well, the rough, and a little slurred american twang. She cautiously turned round to see Capt. John leaning against the door of a bar. He looked different to the last time she saw him, tired and drawn out. She smiled at him slightly. "This your work John?"

She walked over to the two men and put her arm on he injured man's shoulder, and looked up to the man accompanying him. "How is he?"
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:34 pm

He looked at the man stood between him and Gwen, eyeing him up a bit, fair looking, a little rough round the edges maybe, but not bad looking.. Gwen as always was looking delightful, her roughed up hair, stress worn face and the cute gap between her teeth. He was about to give them the anyone fancy a threesome, but decided this wasn't the right company.

"This your work John?"

He smiled back to her. "I'm between jobs shall I say darling." Head reeling a little, he motioned for the two of them to join him inside the cafe/bar, the remaining customers having relaxed, he decided maybe the 21st century was a little more open minded then he had thought.

"Come, drink and talk. Except you." He pointed to the big man, pretending to shoot him with his fingers. He turned round pushing off the wall, and adopting his usual strut as he entered and took his table again, resting his feet on it, and his head against the back wall, in a corner, where he could only be approached from one side. He looked at the ceiling, enjoying the sensation of the world spinning round him.
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Gwen groaned and reached for her phone.
"I'm Gwen, I'm in the....forces. Let me call a ambulance for his guy and then go calm him down, he's a...repeat offender."
Gwen dialed 999 and gave her old police code and asked for an urgent response.
She left the gentleman on the roadside and followed John inside. He better have a drink waiting for her....
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:05 pm

He smiled as Gwen walked in, beers on the table, head still pleasantly spinning, he was feeling pretty numb and was enjoying it as such, he ran a hand over his face, taking a few gulpfuls of beer before leaning back again, removing his gun belts and sword so he could lean back more comfortably.

"I could hear you..." He laughed. "I like the sound of being a repeat offender. Tell me what's my punishment.. I've been a naughty boy.." He grinned taking another drink, feeling the lights were getting just a little too bright in here. He squinting against the light for a bit before closing his eyes. "So beautiful how are the bikini cops doing these days?"
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Gwen walked past the table and to the bar, asking the bar-maid for 2 pints of water flashing her Torchwood badge. She collected them and walked to the table placing them down infront of John.
She grabbed the two beers and moved them infront of herself, taking a sip.

"So beautiful how are the bikini cops doing these days?"

Gwen smiled at his joke and leaned back in her chair placing her feet on the one opposite and stretched her jean clad legs slightly.
"Oh you know, same as usual, end of the world, sexual tension blah blah."
She nervously smoothed down her hair, realising how much of a mess she must look.
"How's it going for you, you look tired."
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:28 pm

He frowned as she put the water on the table. "Thats not right. Taking a man's drink from him.." He downed most of one of the pints of water quickly, motioning to the bar maid for another pint of beer, flashing some cash at her.

"Oh you know, same as usual, end of the world, sexual tension blah blah."

"No wonder, this century is sexually frustrating." he watched amused as she tried to sort her hair out, smiling at the fact she had ignored his innuendo, she was used to it he guessed.

"How's it going for you, you look tired."

"Same old, same old, banned from a solar system, visited my old rehab, back on the drink after said rehab, ran out of moisturizer. " He gave her a fake smile. "Your earth is so different from mine, it's still all sparkly and new."
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:36 pm

"Your earth is so different from mine, it's still all sparkly and new."

"Shame you're not ay?" She stuck out her tongue and took the pint from the bar maid's hand and put in down in front of her.

"What can I do to make you go away, do you want me to get backup, cos this time I will."
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:47 pm

"Shame you're not ay?"

He curled his lip up in a snarl, leaning across his feet and lifting a pint and taking a gulp before setting it down.

"They. Are. Laughter. Lines." He said bitterly, leaning his head back against the wall, closing his eyes, the lights in here were far too bright, far too bright indeed.

"What can I do to make you go away, do you want me to get backup, cos this time I will."

"Oh, your going to call Jack on me. What is he my husband?" He wasn't laughing now, his hand was drumming against his leg as he tried to keep his temper under check. "I"m just laying low here for a bit, okay, so just leave him out of it."
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Gwen started to get a little worried, he hadn't stopped himself from putting her in danger in the past, maybe she should tone down her pissyness. She took a sip of her own drink and took her legs down from the chair and leaned forward towards John.

"I"m just laying low here for a bit, okay, so just leave him out of it."

"Ok John, I will, but you have to do something for me. He'll stay out of it, but I won't. Now tell me where you're staying so I can get you there ok?"
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:04 pm

He frowned at her, here she was ever the bleeding heart.

"Oh if you wanted to get a room you only had to ask." He smiled, still leant back, he could feel her anxiety from here. He looked at her in all seriousness. "Nah, I'm drifting round if you see what I mean.." he gestured to the bar around him mainly empty now people sat in dark corners on edge watching the pair.
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:09 pm

Gwen frowned, she really was not in the mood for this. Chinese and some bottles of beer and the television, not psychopaths and a shouting match.

"Oh if you wanted to get a room you only had to ask. Nah, I'm drifting round if you see what I mean.."[i]

"Right well fine then, i'm not in the mood for this crap. I can take you to somewhere to stay or you can sit here and pass out on your own, either way I'm throughly sick with everything today and I want to go home, alone." She made to stand up, and looked expectantly at John.
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:17 pm

"Right well fine then, i'm not in the mood for this crap. I can take you to somewhere to stay or you can sit here and pass out on your own, either way I'm throughly sick with everything today and I want to go home, alone."

He wasn't sure he got that all quite in the right order, but he got the gist. "Someone needs a puppy." He slurred a bit, pushing himself to his feet, almost dropping but steading himself. He reunited himself with his weapons and turned to Gwen. He shakily made his way to the door, feeling and looking a little green, and using walls to balance, with the air of an experienced drunk.

Reaching the fresh air, he promptly doubled over and retched, bringing up a little drink and a few pills, but little else. Quickly crushing the pills beneath his boot he stood up, leaning against the wall. "Sleezy hotel this way.." he slurred, gesturing elegantly towards the outskirts of Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Ugh, Gwen couldn't help but cringe, blood and guts - great, vomit - no!

"Sleezy hotel this way.."

She really didn't want him anywhere near her car so she made sure it was secure on the side of the road before follwoing him cautiously. She didn't feel there was any need to worry about his weapons, in the condition he was in he was more of a danger to himself.

"Right come on then, let's see if any of them will let you in."
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:25 pm

"Right come on then, let's see if any of them will let you in."

"Coming sweetchecks, everyone lets me in. I'm loved in this town." Ish. Well not so much, but everyone one should love him.

He was stumbling towards an older looking building, that looked a little worn and greasy round the edges, but he didn't really care, it was a place to pass out.
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:32 am

Gwen looked spectically at John and then at the building infront of her.
"Maybe I should do the talking, wouldn't want you turned away now would we?"
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:55 pm

He gave her a silly grin, reeling towards the hotel, it wasn't exactly a classy place, but then again he wasn't exactly in a state to be picky.

"Maybe I should do the talking, wouldn't want you turned away now would we?"

He looked at the carpet, seeing it plastered with gum and dirt, the wall paper was peeling a little, and he was beginning to wonder what forgotten little shit hole they had stumbled upon.

"Yeah.. what ever you say beautiful.. this place smells funny..." He ended the sentence doubled over, retching but bringing nothing but bile up. Good thing he hadn't eaten in while, he began to wonder what day it was, or even what year, it had been a while since he'd checked recently.
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:14 pm

"Yeah.. what ever you say beautiful.. this place smells funny..."

"Ssssh ok! Now be quiet and follow my lead."

Gwen marched into the hotel and put on a fake American accent in a higher tone than usual.

"Hunny they look full up, drat! Maybe we should just go back to that fancy looking place we saw."

The woman behind the desk ran up and started talking to them about a room. Gwen explained in the same accent that they just needed a room for one night, and she hastily got them a key and pointed towards the stairs.
Back to top Go down
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:41 pm

He put his finger on his lips like a small child following her with a grin on his face, pouting slightly.

"Hunny they look full up, drat! Maybe we should just go back to that fancy looking place we saw."

He looked around amusedly at empty room, as the receptionist ran round, doing Gwen's bidding. He cocked an eyebrow and laughed lightly, mind well and truly muddled.

"I didn't know you were from the USA, Mrs Cooper.. your accent is very sex may I say, darling.." He muttered in her ear, beginning to loose the ability to balance on his own two feet and slumping on her shoulder a little.

He allowed herto point him to stairs, obediently beginning to climb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.   Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters from a plane crash (wish you were here). [attn. Gwen, anyone] Bad spelling.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next