Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gwen Cooper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

Number of posts : 123
Character : Gwen Cooper
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Name/alias: Jeni (angryteabag/gwendolyne)
Role playing experience: Some private Harry Potter
Other characters: I'm sorry I don't understand the question, if it means other characters I would like to play, well, Rose Tyler.

Your character
Full name: Gwen Cooper (married name of Williams not being used)
Nickname(s): Cooper
Date of birth: 16/08/1978
Sexual preference: Men (however under the influences of alcohol/drugs/alien manipulation who knows i.e the "sex gas" in Day One)

Physical appearance
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Brown (with a slightly auburn sheen)
Unique traits: (tattoos, piercings, and scars) Bullet wound scar on stomach.
Face used: (name of the actor/actress/model you're using to represent your character) Eve Myles
Image:(link us to a picture or embed the image with the img codes - this picture will be made into your official avatar once approved, so choose wisely.) http://www.cllc.org.uk/DYLL2007/adnoddau/JPEG/EveMyles_115x115.JPG
Likes: Coffee, working, awesome t-shirts, sex, to know what is going on.
Dislikes: not having and of the above, the countryside, workplace tension.
Strengths: Is empathetic other people needs and reasons, the ability to form cohesive arguments, understanding, leadership qualities, forgiving of other misdeeds.
Weaknesses: A soft heart as such - she can sometimes see the best in people even when it outweighs the bad.
Hopes: That she can someday meat the elusive "doctor", maybe a little fling with Jack, that she can someday get the full approval of her team mates.
Fears: That she will loose Rhys to the supernatural she fights and protects every day.
Random facts: Prefers fruit and nut to any other kind of chocolate, she kind of enjoyed the thought of being pregnant despite the fact it was an alien and going to kill her.
Skills: (don’t overkill it) Athletic, pretty handy with a gun, good with paperwork (but everyone shadows in comparison to Ianto),
Overall personality: A kind caring and overall sympathetic person who in an instance was well adjusted to the fact that aliens and time travel is real.

History
Place of birth: Wales, more than likely Swansea.
Currently living in: Cardiff
Family: (name, age, how they’re related, alive/dead, relationship)
Rhys Williams: Husband, age of 31, currently alive and met in college and hold a long standing if sometimes turbulent relationship
Geraint and Mary Cooper: Parents, in early sixties, both currently alive. The relationship they hold with their daughter is a supporting one, even if they are some part estranged due to distance and responsibilities.
Occupation: South Wales Police officer at first, now a member of the Torchwood 3 team, initially as a police liaison and field officer.
Marital status: Married to Rhys Williams
Transportation: Torchwood SUV and personal hatchback vehicle.
History: Gwen is at least college educated (possibly studying Politics, Sociology and Psychology due to knowledge shown in show) capable young woman who has grown up in southern Wales with her parents. She is an only child but has good friends dating back many years. She gained employment as a Police Officer for the South Wales force after working a few minor jobs in administration as a civil servant. While serving on the force she happened to see "special ops" bring a person back to life, and as such, due to her ability to track down the team and her capable memory she was able to infiltrate The Hub and gain employment as a member of Torchwood. The rest they say is history....
Other: Gwen receives a lot of criticism for her work and the way she conducts it (both in the show and in fandom) and I believe in many ways this is due to the mis-conception that sometimes she is a goody-two-shoes. However looking at her history we can see that this is not the case, she has the ability to lie and cheat, both of which she is intelligent enough to get away with, and while I don't see her as a bad character, I feel that the bad girl in her deserves a more through airing out.

Prove you read the rules: Mod Edit: Proven

Role play sample: (must be at least 200 words)
The hub was shadowed when she entered, with just the hazy glow of the computer screens illuminating the desks, the steady whirring of the machines and a constant drip from the water above the only sounds. The cog door closed behind her with fission of noise, and she knew, finally, she was safe from the cold and sleet of the outside world. A coffee on her desk, one for Tosh, Ianto and Owen and up to the office to give Jack his. After placing his on the desk next the ever present, ever growing stack of paperwork she wandered to her desk to check the police reports that had come in since they left 6 hours earlier. Peeling off her damp coat she hugged her body for warmth, hoping to banish away the winter that had settled in her bones, just from the short walk from her car. The reports as usual were nothing that screamed supernatural, alien or even faintly curious, just Andy trying to get her attention as usual, a student had gone missing, a dog born without eyes, an unusually bright light seen outside the local Tesco at 3am. They were all as ridiculously normal or unfortunate as the previous days reports, that is, except for one.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Jeni, for the sake of keeping all our apps organized, can you please post this application in the Pending Applications section of the New Players forum as its own thread with the subject line "Gwen Cooper" or "Gwen Williams" (if you prefer the latter)?
Back to top Go down
http://mistojen.livejournal.com
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Post split and moved to the correct location.
Back to top Go down
http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 pm

This looks really good to me. App was really fleshed out (I even learned some new things about Gwen reading it which either shows I'm a really poor Torchwood fan or you're just that much more thorough - either way, points to you) and I LOVED how the RP sample looked - the last sentence was kind of foreboding and that really resonated with me.

mod approval x1 from me Smile

one thing though: could I get a larger or the original of that picture, please? It's too small for me to make the uniform graphic Sad
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:52 pm

Thanks for the approval.
Major apologies for posting it in the wrong place, I figured that it would go next to the form.
The "history" bit way partily guess work, lol.
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi Jeni. I like your application from the roleplaying point of view (which is the most important, of course Wink ), you seem to really know Gwen well, which is great since I don't think anyone else here really does.

Anyway, there are two tiny things I want to point out, though:

1. In the future, you probably should check your spelling more thoroughly, and the spelling of some words you use; please don't think we're grammar nazis, it's just that it might get confusing if you use a word that sounds exactly like the one that applies on what you're typing, but it's not the right one, for instance.

2. Are you sure Gwen's eyes aren't green? It might be just me, and if I'm wrong do set me straight, but I could swear her eyes look green on every picture.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi Jeni, I have to agree with what Ladydeadlock said above.

It's not essential, but I would also really like to see some speech from Gwen in the RP example, so we can see you have her character down. And, I'm pretty sure she never makes the coffee, that would be Ianto, but feel free to correct me if I'm missing something.

If you could correct the few things we've mentioned and comment to let us know, we'll be happy to review your application again.

Lizzie cyclops
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:02 am

Sorry I was using UK english, rather than US which could account for some of the spelling. ie I cringe at color instead of colour.
I did check my spelling, and I always run stuff through Microosoft Wird first as well, so maybe in this case I can blame that? tongue

On her eyes, well I thought they were brown, but i'm sure I could be wrong. I did check some imags of both Gwen and Eve and well, her eyes were brown unless you can show me an image of otherwise, in that case I will admit i'm wrong.

On the coffee, I just meant she liked it, more than likely it's of Ianto's making. I really like chinese, but i'm crap at making it.

Can I get back to you on the speech tomorrow, i'm pretty busy today, work etc.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:06 am

Heya, don't be too worried. I hope I didn't come across too abrupt. We'd love to have you on board. I personally love seeing some speech in an RP example, but we didn't state that anywhere, so it's just a request. On second read through, I like what you've written and if you can just make the few changes suggested, I'll approve you. Smile

The spelling things weren't UK vs American, after all it's a British show, so that's perfectly fine (I'm Australian so I use Brit spelling too). There were just a few small things, like "meat" instead of "meet." Sorry for the confusion.

On eye colour, I don't really know what they are, personally. Perhaps take the middle ground and go hazel and then everyone is happy?

One last thing that I just realised, is that we set the TW timeline as before Owen was shot, so Gwen isn't currently married, so it'd just be Gwen Cooper.

If I'm still confusing you in any way, just comment here or PM one of us.
Oh and Jen needs a slightly bigger pic to make an icon. This one's kinda nice from wiki for instance.

Cheers
Lizzie cyclops
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 pm

It's not the british English, trust me, we're aware of the spelling differences, and being european, it's the English I use as standard. Wink It could be Word, though, sometimes it tends to change the spelling of some words to the point where it's not this word anymore, it's another one!

I don't think her eye colour is really that relevant, I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Okay, so, sorry for the delay, we're all kinda new at this.

APPROVED!

Please don't forget to get the larger picture of Gwen so mistojen can make your avatar as quickly as possible, alright? Wink Welcome!

Edit: Jen's made you an avatar with a pic of Gwen we found, but it's just until you get back to us, and if you don't like it, she can change it. She told me to tell you that the image you choose has to be 150x150. Bump this thread if you've found another image you like better, so she'll see this and won't forget to change, ok? Smile
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:55 am

Thanks everyone.
I will proof read things carefully in the future, I promise.
Yay! Gwen's not married yet, don't get me wrong I love Rhys but well, it leaves more for my charcter to do.

I'll photoshop up an image, although I quite like the one you've gave me!
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:39 am

You can feel free to keep the av I've already done, sweetie, if you want to. We just wanted you to know that you've got the option to change it, since we didn't use the picture you gave us. But if you do want to change it just give me a new picture at least 150x150 - I make all the avs so that they're uniform and we all know who's ACTUALLY playing vs. who might just be hanging out watching or is waiting to be approved, etc.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Also, I've just fixed your permissions so that you're able to post in the Torchwood 3 section of the board, now that it's official. You might want to peek at some of the other threads we've got going on, as there are some in which you might be able to reply to Ianto, from the looks of it, if nothing else, to get started Smile
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 pm

I will check that out, thanks.
Also, may I use this image please:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/angryteabag/gwencopy.jpg
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:08 pm

Done Smile
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:43 am

Thanks, it looks excellent.
Back to top Go down
gwendolyne
gwendolyne

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:44 am

I'm happy to photoshop images for other people if they want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gwen Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwen Cooper   Gwen Cooper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gwen Cooper
Page 1 of 1