Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

Number of posts : 522
Character : Dr. Owen Harper
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:29 pm

"I don't know what's on this time of day," Owen said, smiling at her from his seat. "We're just killing time for an hour, I don't care what we watch."

Last edited by rinoachan326 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rinoachan326.livejournal.com/profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

Number of posts : 515
Character : Lynne Masters

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:30 pm

"I don't know, either," she admitted, finally taking the remote and turning the television on, flipping slowly through the channels. She smirked when The Notebook came on one of the movie channels. "If I was really mean, I'd leave it on this station," she said, looking over at him with a sly grin and raising her eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:55 pm

Owen wrapped his arm around Lynne and kissed the top of her head. "Whatever you want," he said, as he lied down, pulling her on top of him.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Lynne let the remote fall to the floor and rolled to face Owen, looking him in the eye as she smiled. "All I want...is to be with you," she whispered before giving him a gentle kiss.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:20 pm

Owen smiled at Lynne and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her up for another kiss.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:30 pm

Settling herself against Owen, Lynne obliged to kiss him, smiling through it as she ran a hand through his hair and cupped the back of his neck with the other. This was her idea of a good way to kill the hour. Just being in Owen's arms and kissing him and not having to do, think, or worry about anything else in the world...was heaven.

As she pulled out of the kiss, she smiled down at him. Part of her wanted to tell him she loved him; she thought she probably did. The other part of her didn't want three very scary words to ruin the mood, especially when she wasn't ready to feel them, much less voice them. "You're so perfect," she whispered instead.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:01 pm

"You're so perfect," she whispered instead.

Owen smiled shyly. There were so many things he wanted to tell her, but he wasn't quite sure what to say, or if this was even the right time to tell her. "I... uh... I... don't think this day could've been any better." It was weak, but it was the best he could come up with.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Lynne could tell that she wasn't the only one holding something back, but she didn't press it. She had her reasons; surely, he had his.

She thought maybe the day could've been a bit better had she kept her stupid mouth shut back at the pizza place, but she didn't much want to rehash that debacle, so she nodded and smiled down at him.

"This is probably the best day I've had in...well, a very long time. Thank you," she replied quietly.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:21 pm

"This is probably the best day I've had in...well, a very long time. Thank you," she replied quietly.

"The best part is, it's not even over yet," he smiled, kissing her again.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:30 pm

"The best part is, it's not even over yet,"

And that was the best part, if Lynne was willing to overlook the fact that it would be over sooner than later. But she was willing, as Owen kissd her.

"My brain is just...I'm overloaded. I have so many things in there; I'm thinking so much and I can't say anything. I feel like I'm going to explode," she thought aloud as she pulled away again, looking down at him. "Do you ever feel like you wish the world would just stop for a minute and let you catch up with it? Because, I feel like that right now..."
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Owen smiled. "All day, I've been trying to not think too much about anything, just sort of, you know... let the day happen. It's not very effective, but... ah well," he allowed himself a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:57 pm

Lynne laughed. "I should learn to turn it off like that. I bet I'd be better off that way," she joked, kissing the tip of his nose. "So, what kind of music does this band play, anyway? Punk? Rock? ...both? Something entirely different? I'm excited," she said rapidly, speaking it as she was thinking it.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Owen liked the fact that Lynne was so excited about this. He had been prepared to not go if she didn't want to. "They play rock music, for the most part. My mate, Andy's his name, writes real rubbish songs, so if you hear a bad one, it was probably him. I trust you'll be nice," he joked.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Lynne giggled. "My friend who was in a band...he wrote a couple of duds, as well. His name was Randy. Maybe it's it's the name that does it," she joked. "And yes, I will be nice," she added giving him her best innocent face. "I'm so glad we have some similar interests...God, it'd be awful if we liked each other and had nothing in common, wouldn't it?"
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:24 pm

"If we had nothing in common, I don't really think we'd be in a relationship," Owen smiled at Lynne, "And today would have been painfully dull. I'd have been reading medical journals instead of showing you football..."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:29 pm

That was a good point.

"I'd have been re-reading one of the like four books I didn't lose during my moves from place to place to place rather than having amazing sex," she pointed out, grinning at him.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:32 pm

Owen laughed. "Yeah, that sex today was, well, bloody amazing," he grinned.

"Who's your favorite author, by the way?"
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:54 pm

"Yeah, that sex today was, well, bloody amazing,"

"Yeah, it was," she sighed happily. "I might go as far as to say some of the best sex I've ever had, even," she admitted.

"Who's your favorite author, by the way?"

Lynne thought for a moment and then shrugged. "I don't know that I have a favorite author, so much as I have favorite books," she said. "There are just some books that I can read over and over again and never get bored with. Most of the time, it's about the genre or the book itself more than the author's style, though I imagine if the style was awful, I wouldn't like the book to begin with..." she replied thoughtfully. "What about you? Do you get to leisure-read at all, ever?"
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:08 pm

Owen found himself playing with Lynne's hair again. "When I was younger I used to read a lot of Dickens, that sort of thing... But its been years since I've read much that wasn't in a medical journal or something from work..."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Lynne smiled softly and let out a contented hum when Owen started playing with her hair.

"Ah, so while you were reading classic literature, I was reading about zombies at Christmas and a blood spatter analyst for Miami PD who moonlighted as a serial killer. Wonder which of us is the intelligent one," she joked, winking at him.

"If it wasn't cool enough that I snagged a doctor, I managed to get one who's also very smart outside his field of expertise. Good for me," she added with a smirk. "And I love it when you do that," she finished in reference to his playing with her hair.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:39 pm

"I don't know," Owen said, mischievous grinning playing on his face, "I may be able to discuss socio-political struggles of early 19th century London, but knowing how to prepare against an impending zombie invasion is real knowledge," he joked. "I actually have the survival guide around here somewhere, just haven't gotten around to reading it."

"I know," he said with a smile, "You make that cute little noise when I do it."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:43 pm

"I may be able to discuss socio-political struggles of early 19th century London, but knowing how to prepare against an impending zombie invasion is real knowledge,"

"All it takes is a church barbeque and a bat named Roberto," Lynne said quite seriously. "And, well, an angel taking back his Christmas gift to a little boy who didn't want Santa to die," she added with a smirk. "Honestly, zombies aren't really my thing, but that book was hilarious. Literally, one of the chapters' entire content was '...so that sucked.' I swear to God," she laughed.

"I know," he said with a smile, "You make that cute little noise when I do it."

Lynne blushed a little and chewed her bottom lip. "I can't help it, no one ever does it to me; I'm always doing it to everyone else," she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:47 pm

"Literally, one of the chapters' entire content was '...so that sucked.' I swear to God," she laughed.

"What is the name of this book? I might have to pick that one up..." Owen said, amused and mildly fascinated with a story like that.

"I can't help it, no one ever does it to me; I'm always doing it to everyone else," she said quietly.

"Aww," he said, hugging her tight and kissing her on top of her head. "You're so cute," he added, resuming his playing.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:52 pm

"What is the name of this book? I might have to pick that one up..."

Lynne laughed. "Even though I think I just ruined the story for you? It's called The Stupidest Angel. You can borrow mine, sometime, if you want, though," she offered.

"Aww," he said, hugging her tight and kissing her on top of her head. "You're so cute,"

Letting out another pleased hum as Owen resumed playing with her hair, Lynne smiled sheepishly. "I try," she sighed playfully. "I imagine you could get me to do or forgive just about anything by playing with my hair. It's definitely my weakness. I don't think it's very fair that you know that, though, without me knowing your secret weakness," she added with mock seriousness.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:05 am

"Don't know when I'll get around to it, but thanks," Owen replied. The thought of borrowing something, even a book like that, was comforting. It made him feel as though they were in this for the long run. He liked that.

"I imagine you could get me to do or forgive just about anything by playing with my hair. It's definitely my weakness. I don't think it's very fair that you know that, though, without me knowing your secret weakness," she added with mock seriousness.

"Hey!" he said, pretending to be insulted. "Just because I found yours so quickly..." he joked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]   Our past is our future... [attn: Owen] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our past is our future... [attn: Owen]
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next