Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Long day ahead [open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

Number of posts : 515
Character : Lynne Masters
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:11 pm

"The Millennium Centre is that big building by your bar, near the waterfront," he replied.

"Oh!" Lynne exclaimed. "I always wondered what that place was. Is that a hospital, then? D'you work there?" she asked, honestly curious.

"Harper, yeah. And, uh I don't think I got your last name."

Lynne grinned at him. "That's because I didn't give it," she replied with a wink. "It's Masters," she added, figuring if they were going to have lunch, which could possibly be considered an actual date, he might as well know it; no harm in that, right?
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

Number of posts : 522
Character : Dr. Owen Harper

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:20 pm

"Oh!" Lynne exclaimed. "I always wondered what that place was. Is that a hospital, then? D'you work there?" she asked, honestly curious.

"It's a, uh... convention centre, they have.. plays and shit there. I work... by there," he said, trying very hard not to lie to her. And he didn't, as far as he was concerned...

"That's because I didn't give it," she replied with a wink. "It's Masters,"

There was that wink again. She was very good at it, and he couldn't help but smile at her.

"Okay, Lynne Masters, I'll see you at 12:30, but I need to get back to work... My boss'll have me head," he shrugged guiltily and showed both of them the way out.
Back to top Go down
http://rinoachan326.livejournal.com/profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:26 pm

"It's a, uh... convention centre, they have.. plays and shit there. I work... by there,"

Lynne wondered briefly why he didn't just say where he worked and have her meet him there, but maybe if he didn't just leave for lunch, they'd keep him around. Doctors could get really busy, Lynne figured. "Got it," she replied.

"Okay, Lynne Masters, I'll see you at 12:30, but I need to get back to work... My boss'll have me head,"

"Yikes, don't need that..." Lynne replied with a smirk as she followed him out. "Hey, Owen...?" she asked, chewing her bottom lip nervously as he locked up behind them. "Look, just...so I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing, but...is this, y'know, a date or...just lunch?" she asked, feeling her stomach flip flop uncomfortably as soon as the words left her mouth.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:33 pm

"Look, just...so I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing, but...is this, y'know, a date or...just lunch?"

Owen turned and looked at Lynne. "A date," he replied, paused, then continued, "A crappy date, lunches are never good dates, but I'm going to ask you to dinner afterward, so a date." He smiled genuinely at her and walked her out of the building.

"You're good from here?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:38 pm

"A date," he replied, paused, then continued, "A crappy date, lunches are never good dates, but I'm going to ask you to dinner afterward, so a date."

Lynne couldn't help giggling a little at the choice of words. "You want to ask me to dinner, too? Color me impressed. Here I thought you were just trying to be slick enough to get me out of your flat without throwing a fit about being a one-night stand," she said, only half-joking, as they started down the stairs and out of the building. "I'm glad I was wrong..."

She paused for a moment to catch his eye. "So, should I wait until you ask me to dinner to accept or just accept now?" she asked.

"You're good from here?" he asked.

Nodding, Lynne smiled. "Yeah, I'm good. Thanks..." she let the sentence linger a little. Part of her wanted to kiss him, but part of her thought that maybe that'd be a bit much or worse, just plain awkward. "I'll see you later."
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:43 pm

"I'll see ya, then," he replied, still smiling.

Owen walked over to his car, watching Lynne walk away. He paused there for a moment before getting in and driving away.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:52 pm

Lynne looked down at her watch and grinned. Plenty of time to go to the field and exchange numbers with Dan for another time before getting home to change.

Suddenly, the day seemed so much better - all of it - and Lynne thought she'd probably just walk to the Millenium Centre later. It wasn't far from her apartment.

The field came into view and Lynne walked up to the fence surrounding it, shielding her eyes with her hand as she scanned the area for Dan.
Back to top Go down
sockittome

Number of posts : 25
Character : formerly Daniel Johannson
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:06 am

Dan ran once more around the field. Suicides were rough, but they sure paid off in the long run. He had strong legs and a great metabolism so he wasn't complaining.

Taking a break he jogged over to the bleachers where his gear was and pulled out a large water bottle chugging almost a third of it down. He looked around the field and spotted Lynne on the left hand side. He waved to her and in hopes that she saw him, started to move in that direction.

"Hey there, didn't expect to see you back so soon," Smiling, he wasn't out of breath, but he sure was sweating like hell and hoped it didn't gross her out. "How's your friend?"
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:10 am

Lynne caught sight of Dan right about the time he'd waved her over. She pushed her hair over her shoulders to cover herself again, reflexively, and made her way over to him.

"Hey there, didn't expect to see you back so soon,"

She shrugged. "Told you I'd be back," she replied with a smile.

"How's your friend?"

Squinting against the sun, Lynne took a seat on the bleachers and looked up at him. "Fine..." she said slowly, not really sure what would make Dan ask that, unless he was just making small talk. "He just left his mobile at home, so I lucked out. Didn't have to wait around to get my stuff. Sorry I ran off like that, it's just that I knew he was supposed to be at work and I didn't know how long he'd be home, so I had to hurry." She paused and looked out at the empty field. "You training for something? There's no one here...so, clearly you're not playing..."
Back to top Go down
sockittome

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:22 am

"Fine..."

It wasn't so much the tone of voice as it was her body language that threw Dan off as a 'don't talk about that' signal. He seriously didn't mean anything by it and nodded, not knowing what else to do. He sipped a bit more water when Lynne began talking again.

"You training for something? There's no one here...so, clearly you're not playing..."

Dan looked around the field. "Heh," No one had really noticed that and it almost took him off guard. That was one thing he didn't mind to brag about - his passion for the sport. "Tryouts for the pros are coming up within several months and I'd hopefully like to make the final cut."

He paused for a moment and sighed. "So, when would you like to get that coffee? I'm sort of busy today but..."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:26 am

"Tryouts for the pros are coming up within several months and I'd hopefully like to make the final cut."

Lynne looked impressed. "Wow, so you're, like, really into it, huh? Are you good? Or do you just hope you are?" she asked, grinning at him.

"So, when would you like to get that coffee? I'm sort of busy today but..."

"Actually, I'm not really that big on coffee...I was just wrecked tired this morning. Late night, early morning...don't mix for me. Especially on my first day off in weeks," she pouted. "But, uh, lunch sometime, yeah?" she suggested instead. "Whenever. I have an hour every day around one o'clock when I'm working and my schedule's set, so I guess whenever you're free?"
Back to top Go down
sockittome

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:39 am

"Wow, so you're, like, really into it, huh? Are you good? Or do you just hope you are?"

Dan laughed. This girl had a nice sense of humor, for once. "Well, I try..." he said coyly, flirting without meaning to. Habit. Drinking some more water, since he was so dehydrated, he listened as Lynne asked about doing a luncheon sometime.

"Sure that sounds great! Um... well I'm free tomorrow, except for work, but... " Reaching for his blackberry out of his pocket, Dan punched the meeting into his calendar. "Where do you work at? Maybe I could just swing by and get a bite to eat..." He fumbled around with his phone accidentally dropping it. He reached to down to grab it and hoped that she didn't, all he needed was to look like a klutz.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:46 am

"Well, I try..." he said coyly, flirting without meaning to.

Lynne laughed. "Well, that's a start," she joked, grinning back at him. "But, in my book, there is no try; only do," she added with a wink and a succinct nod.

"Where do you work at? Maybe I could just swing by and get a bite to eat..."

She hoped Owen wouldn't ask her to lunch for tomorrow; it was only fair to meet with Dan and she genuinely wanted to, because he seemed like a really nice guy and if there was one thing Lynne didn't have in England, so far, it was friends.

"I'm at the salon on Juniper and 2nd," she said, "on the other side of town," she added apologetically.

He fumbled around with his phone accidentally dropping it. He reached to down to grab it and hoped that she didn't, all he needed was to look like a klutz.

Biting her bottom lip, Lynne forced herself not to giggle. She'd been rude enough earlier. She failed. "Careful, chief," she said with a grin, snatching up the phone before he could get it and holding it out to him. "Looks a little too expensive to be tossing around. Besides, it's not nice to throw things at people," she joked.
Back to top Go down
sockittome

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 am

"Careful, chief," she said with a grin, snatching up the phone before he could get it and holding it out to him. "Looks a little too expensive to be tossing around. Besides, it's not nice to throw things at people," she joked.

Dan took the phone and teasingly rolled his eyes. "At least I didn't lose it anywhere," he winked. "Though one time I was at work when someone accidentally swapped phones with me and I talked to some swedish guy for a half an hour, trying to convince him I wasn't his daughter."

His mobile beeped at him, saying it was time for a another half hour of practice before hitting the showers. "Well, I need to be on my way and I don't want to keep you from anything, but I'll definitely see you tomorrow." Dan grinned and and waved as he went back to his running around.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:15 am

"Well, I need to be on my way and I don't want to keep you from anything, but I'll definitely see you tomorrow."

He hadn't really given her much of a chance to respond, nor did he take her number, so she had to assume that he would just stop by the salon and fetch her when it was time for lunch.

"Yeah, later," she said, standing. She had things to do, anyway...like take a shower and change...after trying to get a cab in what was probably morning rush, by now...and then fighting that rush to get all the way across town. "Have a good training session," she called over her shoulder as she walked back off the field and toward the corner of the street.

Lynne lifted her hand and put two fingers in her mouth, whistling loudly while holding up her other hand to catch a driver's attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long day ahead [open]   Long day ahead [open] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long day ahead [open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2