Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On the Trail (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

Number of posts : 61
Character : The Master
Registration date : 2008-06-24

On the Trail (open) Empty
PostSubject: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:43 pm

The Master, who, for his life in Great Britain, was also called James Stoker, happened to be in Cardiff, Wales. He wasn't particularly fond of the city, but he wasn't particularly fond of anywhere on this planet. However, it was the Doctor's favorite, so it was the perfect planet to carry out his plans. He need power, though. He had some, as a member of parliament, but he needed more. He was going to run for Prime Minister. He'd had the title once, when he was known as Harold Saxon, and he wanted it back. He was in Cardiff for a charity event later that evening. Save the whales, or something, he didn't care. It looked good and it made him look good.

For now, he had convinced his people that he'd be fine to walk the streets by himself, meeting the voters, he said.
Back to top Go down
lennondollie

Number of posts : 86
Character : formerly Toshiko Sato
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Before the night was over last night, Toshiko promised Jack she would have a few important errands done... that didn't happen. She was working overtime even before work and it wasn't the ideal thing she would have in mind to do.

Pacing herself as she walked down the sidewalk Tosh noticed a man she didn't really recognize. Of course Cardiff was fairly large, but she usually knew the people who wandered around the area, if not by name it was by face or some sort of trait they displayed.

Curious for herself, she crossed the street and just lingered a bit behind him. Almost instinctively she felt that he knew she was following him, so, not trying to seem like a stalker, she caught up with him, casually...
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:01 pm

James noticed a woman walk up to him from behind. He turned and smiled at her. "Hello."
Back to top Go down
lennondollie

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:03 pm

"Hello."

"Hi!" Tosh smiled. The man had long strides and it was bit hard for her to keep up with them. "You new around town?"
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:10 pm

The man continued to give the woman a strong, reassuring smile.

"Actually, I live in London. I'm just visiting for a few days. Lovely city you have here." He held his hand out, "My name is James Stoker."
Back to top Go down
lennondollie

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:16 pm

"My name is James Stoker."

Tosh took his hand, shaking it. He had a firm grip - he was very sure of himself.

"Oh, well, glad you think so," she laughed a bit. "Where about in London do you hail from? I love the city it's always so busy..." Busy being a word Tosh used loosely. She knew the definition of busy and would bet if you found it in a dictionary you would find Torchwood as a synonym.

"You here on business?" Tosh asked, making small talk. She hoped he didn't think she was prying, she had no intentions of that at all.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:26 pm

"You here on business?"

"I've got an event to go to," he said, still smiling. "What's your name, miss? If you don't mind me asking."
Back to top Go down
lennondollie

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:31 pm

Blushing, Tosh couldn't believe herself. "I'm Tosh. Short for Toshiko. Sato. Sorry for not saying that earlier you must find me horribly rude." She joked. She was a bit unusually flustered at the moment, which didn't help one bit. There was just something about this man...
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:38 pm

"I'm Tosh. Short for Toshiko. Sato. Sorry for not saying that earlier you must find me horribly rude."

"No, no," he said, smiling reassuringly, "Not at all. And Toshiko Sato is a lovely name."

Captain Jack Harkness employed someone named Toshiko Sato.

"Listen, Tosh, can I call you Tosh?" he smiled. "I haven't visited Cardiff in a long time, would you mind showing me around a bit?"
Back to top Go down
lennondollie

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:04 pm

"Not at all. And Toshiko Sato is a lovely name."

Tosh blushed again. "Thanks," she replied softly.

"Listen, Tosh, can I call you Tosh?" he smiled. "I haven't visited Cardiff in a long time, would you mind showing me around a bit?"

"Sure!" Tosh checked her watch. "I have to get to work very soon though... I get off around... six?"

There was no set time for when Tosh got off. She usually didn't get off until late. For some reason the more she stared into his eyes, the shorter work was becoming.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:07 pm

James smiled at her. "Six o'clock sounds fine. Any place in particular?"

Jack Harkness would know pain and humiliation, and this girl seems as good a tool as any to use.
Back to top Go down
lennondollie

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 pm

"Six o'clock sounds fine. Any place in particular?"

Thoughtful for a moment Tosh pondered on what to do. "Where are you staying? Maybe I could swing by and pick you up after I get off work and then you can just point out what you'd like to see?"
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:26 pm

James smiled. He pulled a small card out of his pocket and handed it her. "I'll tell them to be expecting you, Ms. Sato. I am sorry if I'm making you late for work."
Back to top Go down
lennondollie

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:32 pm

"I'll tell them to be expecting you, Ms. Sato. I am sorry if I'm making you late for work."

Taking the card, Tosh nodded. "Okay, then," she said and looked at her watch. "Well I'd better be going then, but six o'clock." She smiled.

She wondered who 'them' could be? Shrugging it off, Tosh said her goodbyes and turned in the other direction towards the Millinium Center.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:50 pm

James kept walking after Toshiko had departed. He hadn't expected his plan to go so well. It was his first day in Cardiff, and already one of Jack's cronies was entranced by him. He smiled to himself, greeting passers-by as he walked.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

Number of posts : 98
Character : Catherine Davies
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Kate was doing a bit of shopping that day; acquiring bits and bobs from smaller shops was always a thrill, even though they would have to be altered quite a bit before they could be of use.

In fact, she was thinking so intently about the next small shop she was going to stop in at, she ran right into a man going the other way. Barely managing to keep her balance, she muttered "buggering hell," before looking up to see who she'd inadvertently assaulted. "Sorry about that, lost in thought."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:59 pm

James held his arm out to catch the faltering woman. "I'm sorry," he said, offering a smile, "I should have been paying better attention... Are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:01 pm

"I'm not sure how you could have avoided me, even if you had been. It's a bit crowded here." Finally stable on her feet again, she took half a step back and smiled at him. "Thanks for the catch, by the way."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:12 pm

"It's a beautiful day, everyone's outside," James said, looking around before returning his look to the woman, nodding graciously at her gratitude. "My name is James Stoker, by the way," he said, extending his hand and a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:25 pm

"It's an absolutely lovely day for Cardiff." She shook his hand, a bland smile masking her sudden excitement. She recognized the name from her chat with Teresa, but had hardly expected to run into him on the street. This unexpected encounter would give her a chance to get an intriguing glimpse into his character, especially if he thought she was ignorant of his political standing.

"Catherine Davies, and it's a pleasure Mr. Stoker. Are you new to the city?"
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:32 pm

He smiled, "Please, call me James. And I've been here before, but that was a long time ago." He paused breifly, still smiling. "Actually, I was just about ready for some coffee, do you know of any place around here where I can get a good cup?"
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:48 pm

"Then I insist you call me Catherine, James. Is this trip better than your previous one?" She got a thoughtful look on her face, ostensibly thinking about his question...and indeed actually thinking about his question. Or the ramifications thereof. Was it just a cup of coffee, or was he also operating on a deeper plan in this encounter?

She still had to answer his question, though and decided to take him to her favorite cafe, fortunately close by. "If you don't mind a bit more of a walk, my favorite cafe is just across the street and up a little way."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:54 pm

"Unfortunately, Catherine, this trip is for business, but I'm trying to... rediscover the city, so to speak," he smiled.

"If you don't mind a bit more of a walk, my favorite cafe is just across the street and up a little way."

"If it's not terribly inconvenient for you," he said, letting her lead the way.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:06 pm

"Business? A shame, that. How long does your business have you in the city for? Surely this can't be your only chance to steal away?" She smiled as she lead him to the crossing, and thence across the street.

A light laugh was her response, and she continued to lead the way. "I would have made it here eventually, this is just a bit sooner."

Last edited by icywhispers on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:10 pm

"Oh, I have a bit of free time tomorrow, but for the most part I'm pretty busy," James said. "I really do have to arrange a holiday here sometime." He followed Catherine to the cafe, "I'm glad then. I know how precious time can be."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the Trail (open)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next