Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On the Trail (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
icywhispers
icywhispers

Number of posts : 98
Character : Catherine Davies
Registration date : 2008-06-28

On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:18 pm

"Dare I ask what will be keeping you so busy tomorrow?" She shook her head, smiling. "You needn't tell me if you don't wish. And you should - holidays can be quite wonderful."

She opened the door of the cafe once they reached it, and almost grinned at James. Almost. She was beginning to be intrigued by him, for all that they'd barely spoken five minutes yet. "Coffee in pleasant company is never an abuse of time."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

Number of posts : 61
Character : The Master
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:23 pm

James smiled at Catherine, "I've got a press conference. Tonight I have a charity banquent to attend."

"Thank you very much," he said as she held the door open. "And I couldn't agree more." He smiled warmly at her.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:36 pm

"Press conference, hmm? Is this where I admit I'm woefully ignorant and try to laugh it off?" She was thoughtful as they walked to the counter, trying to decide if a surprise later tonight would be worth the potential discomfort. Ah well, she likely had a bit more time to tell him, if that was the eventual preferred option.

"My usual please," she said to the barista, smiling. And nodded at James, nearly grinning again. "I'm more pleased than I should be, having you agree with me."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:42 pm

James smiled. "It's just to discuss the charity event, I believe." He turned to the barista, "I'll have what she's having." He turned back to Catherine, "Good coffee and good company is one of my favorite combinations."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:51 pm

"Oh, but that's not an all-day affair, is it?" She chuckled softly, still undecided as to whether to tell him he'd be seeing her again. "I've got both," she told the barista, and handed her enough to cover both coffees along with the usual substantial tip, then picked hers up when it was ready.

"I'm flattered and pleased that I could introduce you to one and be the other." Talking to him was more than interesting, it was fascinating.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:07 pm

"No, it's not an all day thing, but I don't know how long it'll take," James said. He smiled as she offered to pay his way, "Why, thank you." He took a sip of his coffee when it was done. "This is delicious, and you most certainly are pleasant company.... What is it you do, if you don't mind me asking?"
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:15 pm

"And you'll likely have something else wind up being scheduled before the day is up, probably." She sat at a table toward the front of the cafe, and sipped at her coffee. "What do I do? Oh, I'm one of the idle rich." She laughed and contiued on. "You'll probably see me tonight at the banquet, in fact."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:27 pm

James took a deep breath and released it. "Yes, most likely," he smiled, "You know how these things go... I was hoping I'd be able to slip away again..."

"What do I do? Oh, I'm one of the idle rich." She laughed and contiued on. "You'll probably see me tonight at the banquet, in fact."

He smiled appreciatively as she laughed. "I do hope to see you there, then."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:32 pm

"Perhaps if you have a fast car, you could make a quick getaway?" She smirked at him over her cup and shifted position, accidentally kicking one of her bags over. Should he go to set upright again, he'd notice that the 'idle' part of her claim was likely a lie. Or he might simply assume that electronics were a hobby of hers. And if he ignored her bag, she'd deal with it herself in a moment, no damage done.

"I doubt you could miss me, I'm no shy wallflower."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:40 pm

James noticed that Catherine had knocked one of her bags over. He bent down to pick it up. "Big into electronics?" he said, still smiling. "I've been known to... tinker in my time."

"Then we'll most certainly see each other."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Excellent, it worked. Though she hadn't expected to discover that he also tinkered with electronics. "Less of a hobby than a passion, I must admit. Though I do tinker a bit with existing products to make them smaller and more efficient as well."

Kate sipped at her coffee again, smirking a bit. "Shall I wait until you're incredibly bored before swooping in to rescue you from inaniety?"
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 am

It took more effort than usual to keep the self-superiority out of James' smile. "Ah yes, I used to do that, too... Haven't really had the time lately though, sadly."

"Ah," he said, taking a sip from his own coffee, "Unfortunately, I think I may be the cause of some of that inaniety; I'm one of the speaker. I apologize in advance if my speech is too dry or boring."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Interesting, his interest in electronics, though a bit tricky as well. Still, it isn't as though she's going to allow him access to her notebooks. "I suppose your career is stealing all your time then. A shame."

She paused mid-sip to stare at him in mild astonishment. "You're apologizing ahead of time for your speech. You certainly aren't the usual sort, James."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:35 pm

"Don't get me wrong," James started, still smiling, "I enjoy what I do. I wouldn't be on this track if I didn't."

"You're apologizing ahead of time for your speech. You certainly aren't the usual sort, James."

He let out a small laugh. "What if I promised to make it as interesting as possible... I could throw in a joke."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:12 pm

"It's just that you miss your hobbies, and haven't figured out how to fit them back in? Or have you lost interest over the years?"

She nearly choked - he would choose while she was drinking to be amusing, wouldn't he? "James! I'm sure it will be interesting enough...though if you have the stellar timing you just used during your speech, that could be even more amusing."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:21 pm

"I've been a bit busy recently," James smiled, "I imagine I'll be able to better accomadate my hobbies in the future, once the rat race is over, so to speak."

"James! I'm sure it will be interesting enough...though if you have the stellar timing you just used during your speech, that could be even more amusing."

James laughed appreciatively. "You might've just gotten a sneak preview, try not to tell anyone."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:40 pm

"Or you'll simply have to find a way to fit your hobbies in around it all." It was possible he'd be aiming for PM, and that would be even more time-consuming than what he was doing already.

After wiping stray flecks of coffee from her lips, she chuckled and shook her head. "I'll be waiting in silence with baited breath to see how it turns out."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:54 pm

"Yes, of course," James said before taking another sip of his coffee.

He smiled at her, "I appreciate it." He looked down at his watch briefly, "Do you know how I might be able to kill the next two hours before I have to go back?"
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:10 pm

She tilted her head as he asked what he could do for the next few hours, and furrowed her brow in thought. "Well, I know what I was going to do for the next few hours, but I doubt you'd be interested in following me from store to store."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 pm

James looked out the window, an aloof smile on his face. "It's far too beautiful a day to be spent inside." He turned back to Catherine, "Is there a park or something nearby?"
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:48 pm

Kate raised an eyebrow at his question, then finished off her coffee. "You are a most unusual man, James. And nearby...well that depends. Is a mile nearby?"
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:00 pm

James smiled, "Unusual doesn't always mean bad, does it?" He finished his own coffee. "A mile is close enough, I've got time. Just point me in the right direction."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 pm

"No, unusual can mean quite good." Kate smiled and got up. "Out the door, turn right, three blocks to the pedestrian street. And that will run right into the park. I'll be joining you for the first two blocks, if you don't mind."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:19 pm

James smiled as he stood up, making a quick mental note of her directions.

"I'll be joining you for the first two blocks, if you don't mind."

"Not at all. I quite enjoy your company, Catherine, and I look forward to seeing you at the banquet tonight."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:40 pm

"You're quite the enjoyable fellow yourself, James. And I do look forward to seeing you...and your speech...at the banquet." She laughed and tossed her cup in the trash before heading to the door. "Besides, walking with me will let you find at least one speciality shop...for when you can pick up your hobby again."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Trail (open)   On the Trail (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the Trail (open)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next