Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

Number of posts : 61
Character : The Master
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Empty
PostSubject: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:08 pm

James, dressed in a black, pristine, expensive tuxedo, his favorite ring, and his usual smile, exchanged pleasantries with his peers, other politicians and such. The banquet hall was decorated in cream colored table settings, mirrored walls and gaudy chandeliers. A classical band was set off to one side, playing what was mostly background noise. In front of the band, a small group of people were dancing, but most were standing around in small groups telling inane life stories as if they were fascinating tales.

He hated these functions, he hated the people that went to them; people who pretended that their lives were so exciting and adventurous when all they did all day was sit around watching grass grow while the rest of their miserable species did all the work. He had, however, become very good at imitating these people’s behavior, and talk of him as the next Prime Minister had started within his party before his plan required him to consider running.

James drifted from circle to circle; expressing how wonderful it was to see each familiar face again and what a pleasure it was to meet each new face. And he smiled. Always warm, friendly, inviting, telling people that he was a Good Man. He was a Trustworthy Man. He was a man that could bring the country into a new Golden Age.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

Number of posts : 98
Character : Catherine Davies
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:00 pm

From the moment Kate had hit the entrance with Teresa in tow, long-unused manners and mannerisms had come back as though they had never laid unused for almost a decade. Teresa peeled off as they'd planned, which left Kate to work through the crowds accepting compliments, passing on the name of her stylist, and being amused as the few groups that had people she still recognized re-clustered into high gossip mode the moment she left them.

She smirked in amusement as she left yet another group to wonder what brought her out and paused to accept a glass of champagne as an excuse to watch the rest of the groups. It was interesting to observe from the outside, and being seperate from the crowd also let her watch James. Once she'd spotted him, that is; he was halfway around the room by the time she'd finally tracked him down. It was interesting to watch him too, and watch how each circle of people would shift into new patterns of buzzing gossipers as he left them.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:40 pm

James made his way through the room, picking up a glass of champagne as he went. After he had, to his own satisfaction, made his face and name known throughout most of the room, he allowed himself to be stuck in a group with two of the most influential people in the room. He spotted Catherine across the way, and excused himself from their company, making his way towards her. "Quite a fascinating party, wouldn't you say?" he said, smiling as he approached her.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Kate smiled at James over her champagne flute as he approached, though it was a smile with a hint of puzzlement. He had just left the most influential group in the room, if she remembered right, and all to come and talk to her. Why? To create a bigger stir? Or had he been as intrigued by herself as she had by him?

"Oh, indeed it is. You seem to be causing quite a stir out there...having fun yet?" She smirked and reached up to tuck her bangs behind her ear; the style Lynne had created was lovely, but her forehead was beginning to itch, just a bit.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:13 pm

"Oh, indeed it is. You seem to be causing quite a stir out there...having fun yet?"

"Well," James said, smiling, "You know how it is. People like to talk, but... That's why we're here, isn't it?" He took a sip from his glass, stepping over to stand beside Catherine, watching the crowd with her. He started tapping on the mirror behind him, a steady rhythm, tap tap tap tap... tap tap tap tap... tap tap tap tap... "Not long now, until my big speech..."

Tap tap tap tap.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:23 pm

"I suppose it is. I dread to think of the gossip running amok out there though. You left the most influential people in the room to come talk with unimportant little me, after all."

Kate smoothed her dress and sipped from her champagne flute. She did notice him tapping, but it faded rapidly from her conscious thoughts. "I had thought the banquet would be well on it's way before your speech. But then, it has been years since I've attended one of these things."
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:33 pm

James smiled. "I would have prefered people get at least a bit more alcohol in their systems before I started, but I am, unfortunately, not the keynote speaker tonight; mine is but one in a long series of speeches tonight." He took a sip of champagne. Tap tap tap tap.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:38 pm

"Oh now that is a pity." Kate smiled at him and raised an eyebrow. "Do tell me they didn't make yours the first speech of the night; no one will ever remember it, no matter how striking it is." By her side, her free hand twitched in rhythm with his tapping though she paid it no mind, instead sipping from her champagne again.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:51 pm

James smiled. "I do believe I'm third, actually. Still not an altogether memorable position, but I've read the speech, it's actually pretty good." He allowed himself a small laugh. Tap tap tap tap.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:00 pm

"Third. It isn't as bad as first, at least. And if you slip some humor in, it should be more memorable." Kate laughed and shook her head. "You've read your speech...are you sure you don't want to try and convince me you wrote it yourself, James?" She grinned at him over her glass, while by her side, her fingers began tapping out that rhythm against her thigh. Tap tap tap tap.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 pm

James gave a small laugh, "I'll let you in on a trade secret," tap tap tap tap, "Politicians don't write speeches." He took a sip of his champagne, tap tap tap tap. "I did, however, write the ending. It's very good."
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:29 pm

"Drat. And here I was hoping to hear a bit of what you were thinking." Kate smirked and shook her head, fingers tap-tap-tap-tapping without her knowing. She heaved a mock-disappointed sigh and shook her head. "I suppose the ending will have to do."

She tilted her head and raiseed her eyebrows inquisitively. "You are staying for the entire affair, yes? Or are you planning to sneak away after your speech?"
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 pm

James smiled as he took a sip of his champagne. "I have to stay until the end, there's some photo-op near the end, and it would look bad if I left." Tap tap tap tap.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:46 pm

"I suppose it would look bad at that. Ah well, I'm sure you've survived long lists of speeches before." Her fingers kept tapping as she sipped her champagne, watching him and wondering whether he would appreciate a subject change.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:56 pm

"Yes, I've been to a fair number of these events. This is my first time speaking at a charity event, though, should be interesting." James smiled at her. Tap tap tap tap.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:22 pm

"Shouldn't be too different than a normal speech. But then, what do I know?" Kate laughed and shook her head. "This is my first time attending an event in half a decade, and I really don't pay much attention to politics." Tap tap tap tap.
Back to top Go down
jellybabiesanddeath
jellybabiesanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 4:58 pm

"Oh, that's a shame," James smiled, "Politics and government are fascinating. You can do anything if you understand how they work. Electronics and machinery, those are a hobby, but politics, that's where the future lies." tap tap tap tap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]   Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why don't I sell you my soul. [Attn: Catherine, Open]
Page 1 of 1