Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hakura0 - Rose

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hakura0
Hakura0

Number of posts : 225
Character : Rose Tyler
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Figure I should toss one of these up myself.

Hakura is what I've been going by online for ages, Kura's the preferred shortening.
I'm eighteen and as a warning, have no life. Residing in the city known for its soft pretzels, cheesesteaks, a brand of cream cheese, a cracked bell, the houses of some dead people, and a zoo. Further hints place this city in Pennsylvania.

My screenname for AIM is Hakura0 if anyone wants to chat. If I'm online I'm probably on there. I've also got MSN but I don't go on there as often. More then willing to sign on there upon request though.

Since I figure the information's as good as any I've got knowledge of the old series. I've only seen one episode of One's, a nice handful of Two(all with Jamie and Zoe), a handful of Three, a majority of Four's, a few of Five's, all but two or three of Six and Seven's, and I've seen the TVM poor Eight's stuck with. I've seen all of the new series up to Silence in the Library and am stuck at that point until something gets fixed. I've also watched both seasons of Torchwood in their entirety, along with the Sarah Jane Adventures. As far as favorites go I am horribly unbiased, especially as far as the Doctor's concerned.

Right, shutting up now, and sorry about the ramble there. Ta~
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

Number of posts : 212
Character : Jenny

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:38 pm

Oh ramble all you like, I probably should've rambled more in my intro. Smile When I finally get AIM working right again, we should chat sometime about the previous Doctors. And the TVM, and whether you've found any of the Eighth Doctor audios, and...if I don't shut up now, I'll never stop. Laughing

Anyway, nice to meet you etc, etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hakura0
Hakura0

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Sounds good to me~ I have actually, the first audio I listened to, last week actually, was Stones of Venice. I was in love and ready to buy more before two minutes had even passed.

And you~
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Nice to have you on board Kura Very Happy Thanks for joining us! I'm almost never on AIM but I'm always on MSN...isn't that always how it goes? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://mistojen.livejournal.com
Hakura0
Hakura0

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:19 pm

Thanks. It definitely is. I might start poking onto there some more now that my computer's been souped up a bit and won't keel over if I have two messengers up. Hakura0 @ msn dot com, for the record.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Hey Kura!

Okay, now I'm feeling out of my depth because I've only really watched the new series of Doctor Who, though I have bought one old episode arc a month or so back... just need time to watch it. cyclops Also a friend promised to send me the audio books a while back. Hopefully she will. Then I can listen to them at the gym or in the car.

I'm mostly on msn too, but there's always the chat box and if everyone prefers it, I can try AIM again.

Cheers
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Hakura0
Hakura0

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:37 pm

'Lo.

Don't be. If you do get onto AIM I can give you some help with diving into the old series, if you're interested. I've also got a few of the audiobooks. Just let me know, or shoot me a message. I'm big on corrupting people with the old!Who XD Especially when it comes to Ace.

Seems to be about even there, I should really try to fight with my MSN, it turned german...
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Fab! I keep looking out for the old series in the second-hand and cheap DVD stores. I found one that way already. Recommendations are always welcome, since I prob won't watch them all any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Hakura0
Hakura0

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:16 am

Mind Robber is a definite rec. Black and white, but it's awesome, and the day is saved by the Doctor /no/ writing a self insert into some fanfiction. I kid you not. Plus Jamie and Zoe are a neat pair, and really all their stuff with Two is fun.

I'd reccomend anything with Leela, who's awesome, and the Romanas are fun too. Also anything with Ace. Hand of Fear is Sarah Jane's last ep from the old series, and the end really lets you wonder wth the writers were thinking in SR.

About the only thing I'd say 'don't' watch is Underworld. Even that's a bit harsh for it though, so I'll add that you shouldn't watch it starting at 2am, after two other complete old-who serials.

City of Death, Robots of Death, are good. Black Orchid's fun, and the one I liked Five the most in from what I've seen. Really though I haven't met an episode I didn't find something awesome about. I'll end with saying the Multi-Doctor ones are crack, but fun crack. Also that Ainley!Master is awesome.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:29 am

Ooh sounds like I'm in for some fun! I must admit, my sum experience of the old Doctor Who series was on the TV after school and a guy running around wearing a scarf being chased by the Daleks. They were awfully scary when I was a kid, so I tended not to watch it. Shocked

I'll definitely look some more of the old series up now though. You've all got me far too curious! Very Happy
Thanks for the recs.
Back to top Go down
Hakura0
Hakura0

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:22 am

No problem. I'm more than happy to toss them out. Of the audios I've only heard Stones of Venice and Dust Breeders but they're both awesome. Let me know if you want a listen.

I started on the old series after I'd seen the entirety of the new, and s1 again for good measure. I hovered for awhile because 'hello backload' but finally decided Nine and Ten were awesome, and I really wanted to see more of the Doctor's history.

Also: Watch the TVM if you can. It's worth it for Eight, really. Just think of it as some sort of slightly hallucinogenic memory of his or something. Think DW meets 80s action flick, really.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:43 am

Also: Watch the TVM if you can. It's worth it for Eight, really. Just think of it as some sort of slightly hallucinogenic memory of his or something. Think DW meets 80s action flick, really.

Sounds trippy! I'll include it in my search. alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hakura0 - Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakura0 - Rose   Hakura0 - Rose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hakura0 - Rose
Page 1 of 1