Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Empty
PostSubject: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:49 pm

The TARDIS was parked exactly where he left it, blue police box looking innocuous enough in the small back alley not far from th building they'd just left.

Unlocking the door, The Doctor stepped inside, shucking his coat and hanging it up as he strolled to the main controls. Everything was as they'd left it.

"Home sweet home!" he said. "So, what now?" He rubbed his hands together, staring expectantly at Jack and Donna.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Donna let herself further into the TARDIS without pausing, dropping down onto the chair the Doctor normally occupied. She looked up at him thoughtfully. "Do you suppose we were brought here to find Jenny?" she asked. "As in, when Jenny gets here, we can just hop off to the leisure world, then?" she added hopefully, altogether forgetting Jenny's crush on Ianto and Jack's presence entirely at the very thought of being able to relax for a change.
Back to top Go down
http://mistojen.livejournal.com
cassikat
cassikat

Number of posts : 212
Character : Jenny
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm

It seemed like no time at all had passed between that last, wonderful kiss and arriving at the blue box. Jenny had seen it before, but as she'd never been inside she couldn't wait to see what it was like. It had to be bigger inside than it appeared though, because her dad, Donna and Martha had traveled in it. She gave Ianto's hand one last squeeze before reluctantly releasing it, but her smile was as bright as ever as she laid her other hand on the door. "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Ianto wanted to reply to Jenny, but he was in awe, looking at the blue box. Of course it looked familiar, sounded familiar, and of course he'd heard of the Doctor before!

Being a Junior Researcher back in Torchwood One meant researching the Doctor and his history, more often that not. Those people had been quite obsessed with the man, and they spoke of him as some sort of legend, someone they believed in, but weren't sure was real.

He had been there at the time of the battle in Canary Wharf, from what Ianto heard; when Ianto's life fell apart, at least life as he knew it. That's where he knew the name and the blue box from. Torchwood, previous incarnation, previous life.

Ianto's smile had faded once he remembered, but he couldn't let Jenny down just because of these memories accidentally creeping up into his mind. He kissed Jenny on the cheek, and nodded, to tell her he was ready.

In fact, Ianto was the one who opened the door.
Back to top Go down
http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:33 pm

The sound of the TARDIS doors opening took Donna's attention away from the Doctor, if he'd heard her or had intent to reply. The doors opened fully and there stood Jenny and Ianto, both looking lightly flushed. Jenny's ponytail was mussed slightly, but there wasn't much change in Ianto's hair, or if there was, Donna couldn't see it. The man was sporting the new purposefully-disheveled look.

"Fancy meetin' you lot here," she joked. "Finally decided to join us, then, did you?" She stood and started toward the two of them. "Jenny, c'mon to the back and let me have a look at you. Your shoulder and all that," she went on.

She paused and smirked slightly and involuntarily. "And get you a change of clothes, while we're at it," she added, finally taking notice of the dirty and somewhat torn state of Jenny's clothes.

Donna had to assume that was partially from the fall through the Rift and partially due to whatever activity in which Jenny had been partaking before she'd fallen.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Something had upset Ianto, though whether it was simply worry about her father or something else entirely she couldn't say. And couldn't ask either, as stalling now would be cowardly. All Jenny could do to reassure him was put her hand on his for the brief moment of opening the door, and give him a smile.

Inside was beautiful, all greens and golds and such a lovely blend of organic shape and technology. It even felt a little like coming home, something she never thought she would feel. Jenny could have happily stood there for ever so long just drinking in the feeling, but Donna announced herself right about then, and she did have good suggestions. Though the one about the clothes was a bit puzzling, given they had different shapes and all.

"All right, I'm coming. But I don't think I'll fit in your clothes, you're taller than I am." When she reached Donna's side, she turned and smiled one last time at Ianto before following her guide further into the TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:28 pm

The Doctor looked around at the new-comers, Donna already pulling Jenny off to the side for a change of clothing and...

"Jenny, are you hurt? Why didn't you say so? There's a medical room somewhere about here, just follow your nose and all." The Doctor's voice followed the women as they walked further into the TARDIS.

"Or even better, take this." The Doctor pulled a small pot of ointment out of his coat. "Fakarian Ointment, concentrates and enhances the placebo effect. Brilliant stuff! Works a charm. Just strap it up and rub some in. Use it all the time myself." He moved to toss the small pot towards Jenny, but they'd already gone.

Instead he pushed up his glasses and leaned casually back into the seat Donna had just vacated.

"Maybe it is time we hit the Leisure Worlds of Cerus 3," he continued to no one in particular. "Purple skies and blue grass as far as the eye can see... walking cacti and Rainbow schmulphs roaming around... and you'd all love the crystal falls of Tannis. Real crystal too, not just a figure of speech, well mostly, there's water there too, the crystals sort of float along the top. It's quite spectacular really..."

Taking a deep breath, The Doctor's voice trailed off, his attention now on the other new, and therefore interesting, occupant of the room. Ianto.

"Hi there. I'm not sure we've been properly introduced. Ianto, is it? I'm The Doctor. Welcome to the TARDIS. Make yourself at home!"

Last edited by starrylizard on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:08 pm

"All right, I'm coming. But I don't think I'll fit in your clothes, you're taller than I am."

Donna smirked at Jenny. "Are you callin' me fat?" she joked. "'cause I'm not that much taller," she added with a wink. She didn't give Jenny time to reply before draping an arm around the woman and leading her down a long hallway. "You won't be needing my clothes anyway, Jenny. Your father's got a whole stash of things. Period pieces...you name it, he's got it. Helps so that a person looks less conspicuous when going far forward - or back - in time."

Rounding a corner Donna looked over at Jenny. "Right, have a look," she said, nodding in the direction of a monstrously large room. Inside, it was filled top to bottom on both sides with racks upon racks of clothes of many different colors, sizes, shapes, and styles.

"Oi, and while you're at it...let's hear about your walk down the stairs with the Pretty Boy, yeah?" she added with a grin.
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Ianto smiled his most pleasant smile, which didn't necessarily meant he wanted to smile - he was just used to doing it perfectly, even when he didn't really feel like it. He wasn't sure if he should shake the Doctor's hand, so he just nodded amicably.

"Thank you, I'm Ianto." He was holding it impeccably, now. "Your TARDIS is quite brilliant." Ianto figured it was always in good tone to compliment on the host's home. At least, Ianto assumed this was the Doctor's home. That it was a ship built with Time Lord technology, he'd figured out before he entered, but it did have a cozy factor to it, somewhat. Like a home.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:03 pm

"What? Oh no, no, I'm just tiny. It's good for running in tight places." Jenny grinned at Donna as the older woman lead the way further into the TARDIS. Right to an absolutely gigantic room that was multi-leveled and completely stuffed to the brim with clothes of all sorts. She stood there in awe for a moment, mouth open, then she turned to Donna. "All this? Just to make sure one''s inconspicuous? Wow!" With any luck, there'd be something in her size...or at least something to use to adjust the sizes.

About two levels up, there was a section that looked right, or at least feminine, with clothes ranging from the practical to the absolutely gaudy. Jenny picked up a t-shirt and held it up to herself, but wasn't quite certain if the color was suitable as she'd started blushing furiously at Donna's next question. "It was a walk, that's all. Ianto and I, we just walked. And talked, and held hands." At this point, her voice dropped to a shy, embarrassed whisper. "And we kissed."
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:19 pm

"You're bound to find something you like that fits in that collection, yeah?" Donna asked, laughing a little at the expression of awe still on her face.

It was a walk, that's all. Ianto and I, we just walked. And talked, and held hands." At this point, her voice dropped to a shy, embarrassed whisper. "And we kissed."

Donna's smile brightened immediately. "I knew it! Didn't I tell you?" she asked, giving the girl a playful shove. "Well, out with it, then. Is he any good at it? And, oi, you should see if he's got an older brother," she went on. "Much...older," she amended, wrinkling her nose slightly.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:30 pm

It was almost like the TARDIS had gathered a collection of clothes that would suit, right in that one section. And since she had so much to choose from, Jenny decided a little variation couldn't hurt. So she picked out a comfortable, soft blue tee, a random pair of jeans, and other little bits and bobs.

She blushed again as Donna continued the friendly teasing, and shrugged as her attention was claimed by a rather lovely dress. "Oh, I dunno. I definitely liked it though. And you were right - it's much better to kiss when you just want to kiss the man." Jenny turned away from the dress to give Donna a quizzical look. "Why would you want a man much older than Ianto? Then he'd be too old for you, no energy or stamina at all. Well, unless he was like Dad."

She turned to stare at the dress again, and heaved a wistful sigh. "Donna, what does one wear for dinner and a movie?" Ianto had promised, and she was quite certain that he was the sort of man to keep his promises. So she didn't want to look the fool whenever they actually managed the date.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:46 pm

"Oh, I dunno. I definitely liked it though. And you were right - it's much better to kiss when you just want to kiss the man."

Nodding as she crossed her arms over her chest in a very different way than the manner in which she did so when annoyed with the Doctor, Donna winked. "I told you so," she said quietly, her smile soft and genuine.

"Why would you want a man much older than Ianto? Then he'd be too old for you, no energy or stamina at all. Well, unless he was like Dad."

Letting out a huff of laughter, Donna uncrossed her arms and took Jenny's face in her hands. "You are too sweet, you know," she said. Dropping her hands away from Jenny's face again, Donna smiled. "Alright, perhaps not much older. Maybe Captain Jack's age..." she said thoughtfully, the latter part of the statement more to herself than to Jenny.

Her attention was brought back to the girl when she spoke again.

"Donna, what does one wear for dinner and a movie?"

Raising her eyebrows, Donna smirked. "Dinner and a movie, yeah?" she asked, sounding impressed. "My, you make it look easy."

She came up behind Jenny and rested a hand on the other woman's shoulder. "Depends on where you're going to eat, I suppose, and what kind of movie," she finally said, after a moment's pause for thought. "If you're going to a pizzeria and seeing the latest blockbuster, then I imagine you could wear just about anything." She paused again. "Where are you going, exactly, dear? Do you know?"
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:18 pm

"Thank you, I'm Ianto. Your TARDIS is quite brilliant."

The man was smiling, a little stiffly, but still, he was smiling. And, he liked the TARDIS, so that was always good. Even if he was probably Torchwood, which naturally landed him in The Doctor's bad books, he didn't seem like a very bad sort. Jenny certainly seemed to like him.

"It is rather brilliant," he agreed, absently twirling his sonic screwdriver. The Doctor beamed his usual proud smile as he surveyed his domain.

"So, I suppose you work for Jack, then?" he asked. While The Doctor's tone was casual, his intent wasn't so clear.
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:24 pm

The Doctor was obviously proud of his TARDIS, and he had reason to be.
Ianto took another look around the place, and wondered how big it really was - after all, there were probably inumerous back rooms Ianto would never even hear about.

The Doctor mentioned Ianto working for Jack, to which Ianto nodded, and smiled.

"Yes, I do, for about a year and a half now." Ianto wasn't sure whether the Doctor was making casual chit-chat, or was planning to follow that question - or supposition, as he put it - with other questions.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:41 pm

"Yes, I do, for about a year and a half now."

The Doctor nodded, waiting a beat, before realising that Ianto wasn't about to continue without prodding. He wasn't sure he wanted to prod though, not when it came to Torchwood. He'd already formed his opinion about that and it wasn't like he wanted to argue any more about it.

He nodded thoughtfully, still spinning his Screwdriver and wishing for a moment that the others would re-emerge...but he knew from experience that anything involving clothing could well take a while. He was stuck making small talk. And hey, he wasn't too bad at small talk, really. He liked people.

"Have you always lived here in Cardiff? Great place Cardiff... Well sometimes a bit odd I suppose with the rift activity and all, but most people don't seem to notice. I guess you notice, what with your line of work and all, though. Any interesting happenings of late?"
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:09 pm

"No, I've lived in London for a few years." Ianto answered, amused by the way the Doctor babbled on, and also the way he seemed to be prying information out of Ianto, but not in an intimidating way.

"Any interesting happenings of late?"

Ianto paused to think, and then shrugged. "Giant space-whale. Sad, really, didn't make it." He said, frowning slightly. "What about you, what interesting things have you seen lately, Doctor?"
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:29 pm

The Doctor looked up with surprise at mention of the Giant Space-whale, mostly because Ianto honestly did sound sad about its death. It wasn't quite what his history with Torchwood would have prepared him for and it did make the guy sound far more likeable.

"Oh, sad indeed," he looked down, thinking about which adventures to relate to Ianto in return.

"Well now, life's always pretty busy really. Donna and I rescued a bunch of people from a planetary-sized library the other day. Lost some too though... Vashta Nerada, terrible things, but then their whole forest was pulped. Oh and there's Jenny!" The Doctor's face lit up. "She died you know... least I thought she died, obviously not though. She was only a day old, just getting to know her and..." His voice cracked. "But now she's here. It's brilliant!" He smiled again, looking up, before changing the subject completely.

"So Giant space-whale... where'd that come from?"
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Ianto went from interested in the horrible creatures of the dark, to very interested in knowing they were somewhat stuck in a library, to shocked that not only had Jenny died once, she had been only a day old at the time. His face showed all of this, without restrictions, as well.

Ianto was feeling rather confused, although he did now begin to see a pattern in his closest relationships; people who, for some reason or other, cannot die.

"What...What do you mean, a day old? She died when she was a baby?"
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 pm

"What...What do you mean, a day old? She died when she was a baby?"

The Doctor blinked, reviewing what he'd just said and finding it without fault. He leaned forward a little, resting his chin on his hands.

"Nah," he replied. "She wasn't a baby, well not really, not physically at least. She was just a day old though. Never thought I'd be a father again... so it was all a bit of a shock really, but one day was enough to fall back into fatherhood, or at least, you know, get used to the whole, Dad thing again, for Jenny!"
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Ianto widened his gaze, busy trying to understand how one could be one day old and not physically a baby. The only other answer would be cloning, but Jenny still didn't look anything like the Doctor...And Ianto wasn't aware of a way of cloning that would generate 20-something, out-of-teenage-years clones of people.

He didn't, however, find it strange that only one day had been enough to get the father instinct back - it was hard not to love Jenny, although Ianto didn't love her remotely in the same way. That would be creepy.

"Sir, what exactly do you mean?" He tried asking, perhaps the Doctor would give a straight answer this time.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:19 pm

"Sir, what exactly do you mean?"

"What do you mean, what do I mean? I mean what I mean, obviously..." The Doctor looked puzzled.

"And it's just The Doctor," he added. "No other title necessary."
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 pm

Ianto sighed impatiently, torn between amusement and annoyance. Either this Doctor was really this prone to babbling, or he was toying with Ianto.

"Well, The Doctor, what do you mean, when you say Jenny wasn't physically a baby, but was only one day old when she died?" Ianto asked, spacing every world carefully, trying really hard to make himself understandable.

Where the hell was Jenny, already, anyway?
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:34 pm

The Doctor blinked a the slow speech Ianto suddenly employed, wondering what that was all about.

"Well, Jenny wasn't exactly planned, not that children are always planned, but it happens when one has his hand forced into a progenation machine at gunpoint. Course I didn't know that at first, not until it scanned and sampled and there she was, a new rearrangement of the DNA. Two hearts and penchant for running." A strange look crossed The Doctor's face and he stared into space for a moment, lost in a memory or something Ianto couldn't see.
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:40 pm

Ianto's jaw was dropping slowly, as the Doctor explained, in his own babble-y way, how Jenny had come to life. He couldn't help but grin at the end, though. It figured Jenny had two hearts, quite like a Time Lord (or so he had been taught at Torchwood One), because her energy was like nothing Ianto had ever seen.

"I see. Well, glad that's out of the way." Ianto sighed in relief, albeit not exactly genuinely so.

"And now I'd like to go on a date with your daughter." Ianto felt like saying, but stopped himself before he did. He laughed quietly, instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next