Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]

Go down 
+2
mistojen
starrylizard
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:19 pm

Ianto walked out of the lift slowly, waiting for Donna. He turned to the Doctor, taking his bluetooth device off his ear, and handing it to him.

"Have at it, although, my boss needs it to get in touch with me..." Ianto said, motioning for the small staircase.
Back to top Go down
http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:19 pm

"Have at it, although, my boss needs it to get in touch with me..." Ianto said, motioning for the small staircase.

The Doctor grinned, taking the earpiece from Ianto. He peered at it through his glasses, concentrating as he bleeped at it with his sonic screwdriver. Somehow he managed to step from the lift and start walking the same direction as Ianto without bumping into any walls.

"Ah, your boss might thank you for it. The signal should propagate to the earpiece of anyone you're in contact with. That is, call them and they'll stop dancing too," he amended, giving Donna a meaningful look over his glasses. It wasn't like he was trying to be confusing.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:30 pm

"Ah, your boss might thank you for it. The signal should propagate to the earpiece of anyone you're in contact with. That is, call them and they'll stop dancing too,"

The Doctor gave Donna a meaningful glance and she put a hand on her hip. "Oi..." she said warningly. She hadn't meant for him to make it glaringly obvious that she was the one who was having a rough time following. "Let's just...get this thing going, yeah?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
http://mistojen.livejournal.com
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 pm

"Oi... Let's just...get this thing going, yeah?"

The Doctor handed Ianto back his ear piece, with a muttered "Can't win, can I?"

Noting a stairwell to his left, he headed in that direction next, finding it was only a few steps to the roof top and he was back out in the brisk Cardiff air. There was a large satellite dish to their right and he wandered closer to look at it.

Last edited by starrylizard on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:11 pm

"Right, that's simple." Ianto said, as the Doctor explained how the bluetooth would work, and handed it back. Ianto placed the device carefully back in his ear, pressing the little button to turn it on. He already had all his co-workers on speed dial as it was, so he picked the phone from his pocket, ready to call everyone when it was done. "Run this by me again, I'm still a little slow, I apologize." Ianto told Donna and the Doctor, scratching his eyes.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:42 am

The Doctor walked around the satellite dish, waving the sonic screwdriver here and then, calmly changing sonic frequencies as he looked for the right signal.

"Run this by me again, I'm still a little slow, I apologize."

"Sure, which bit needs explaining?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:44 pm

"Run this by me again, I'm still a little slow, I apologize."

"Sure, which bit needs explaining?"

Donna looked back and forth between the men before deciding to speak up. "I think he means the bit where you block the signal?" she asked more than stated, looking over at Ianto as if to confirm. "I understand what you're suggesting, Doctor, but I'm not sure I understand how we go about it or why it will work..."

She brushed some of her hair behind her ears as the wind blew it about her face. "Those poor people..." she said sadly, looking over the edge of the roof to see the streets filled with people who were all slowly beginning to break down the way Ianto had been when she'd reached him. "So exhausted and with no control over themselves..." Donna was glad she'd been with the Doctor. She didn't even want to consider how much more tired she'd be if she'd been out there on her own without the Doctor to block the signal for her...
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Ianto nodded in Donna's direction as she explained what he, for lack of strenght, would take longer to say. He walked with her to the edge of the building, hearing what she had said about the people - still dancing, all of them, poor people - and agreeing in silence.

"It's one of the worst feelings in the world, losing control of yourself." Ianto mused, as he followed Donna's gaze, frowning sadly.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:01 pm

"It's one of the worst feelings in the world, losing control of yourself."

"Don't I know it..." Donna sighed quietly, resting a hand on Ianto's shoulder to remind him that it was over for him, now, and he was okay, after all. Now all they needed to do was help the others.

She looked over at the Doctor. "What can I do to help?" she asked for the second time that day. "Anything to make it stop for them sooner."
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:39 am

"I think he means the bit where you block the signal?" she asked more than stated, looking over at Ianto as if to confirm. "I understand what you're suggesting, Doctor, but I'm not sure I understand how we go about it or why it will work..."

The Doctor poked his tongue out from between his lips, peering through his glasses as he poked at some wiring at the base of the satellite dish.

"Well, I'm attempting to find the origin of the signal. Down on ground level, it's as if there's thousands of sources for the signal, but that can't be right. There must be a main source signal somewhere and it's being amplified somehow. The readings were confusing, but I think that's the case. So, I'm hoping to find the source signal and block it by using the satellite dish to send out the same blocking signal I used for your--"

The Doctor paused in his explanation as something zapped and he quickly pulled his hand away. "Ha! Got it!" The counter-signal shot out of the satellite dish, aiming up into a very particular place in the sky.

"What can I do to help?"

As Donna spoke, something large suddenly became visible in the sky, a large dish-shaped spaceship. It immediately wobbled and then began to fall, narrowly avoided several buildings before crashing into a field off in the distance.

"You can tell me where that space ship just crashed." He pointed off into the distance. "The signal should be gone now."

((OOC: Forgot about this thread, sorry!))

Post now moved to new boards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]   Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singing in the Interplanetary Debris (A Who-verse musical) [Open, Donna]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3