Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

Number of posts : 515
Character : Lynne Masters
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Lynne laughed a little. "I suppose it would be pretty boring. But, to be fair, where I come from, there's an awful lot less intelligence and I'd go as far as to say they could use a few brilliant minds peppering the country, but you know...maybe that's me just being nasty and unpatriotic," she joked.

"I could go to another salon, yeah, but this is, I guess, the creme de la creme, so, if I can stick it out and ever get a chair, I'll be all set, so I'm a bit afraid to leave. Comfort in remaining static and all that jazz," Lynne replied. "You should patent your stuff, especially if it's useful, you know? Bet you could make a mint all while helping people," she added. "Are you working on anything right now?"
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

Number of posts : 98
Character : Catherine Davies
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 pm

"Shan't comment, it would be rude of me." She smiled and continued to listen to Lynne talk. "It does seem certain enough of results, given time. And you're certainly skilled enough to deserve the empty chair, should it ever show." Acting on a two-fold reason, she smiled tenatively at Lynne's reflection. "I don't suppose I could get an approximation of your schedule so I could know when to come in and ask for you again? It isn't every day I find someone who understands how to handle my hair."

As for the rest of it, she shrugged. "Most of it is extremely specialized, and I'm not sure if it would have a large market. Still, I suppose I could look into it, as it wouldn't hurt to make more money."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 pm

"Shan't comment, it would be rude of me."

Lynne laughed as she put the last bobbypin in place and picked up the hairspray. "Color me impressed, Catherine. Most people around these parts jump at the opportunity to rip on my country," she said, only half-joking. "My schedule isn't really set...I mean, well..." she paused, wrinkling her nose. "I'm here mainly Tuesday through Saturday from around ten or eleven to closing at six, but if it gets really slow they send me home, or if it gets really busy on an off day, they call me in. But, for the most part, it's pretty much all day during the week and Saturday," she replied. "I'd love to get a client, but I'd be lying if I said I thought they'd give you right to me, even if you asked for me. You're more than welcome to try, though..." she added, a little saddened by the fact that she had someone interested in her skills and there was no guarentee that she'd actually be given the client.

"Are you terribly opposed to me using a flat iron on your bangs? They're a bit...um, well, more voluminous than I was aiming for," she said a bit sheepishly as she picked gently at a few hairs until the shorter ones were standing upright at the top of the twist, while the longer ones cascaded down over the top half of it.

"Most of it is extremely specialized, and I'm not sure if it would have a large market. Still, I suppose I could look into it, as it wouldn't hurt to make more money."

"Who says you need a large market? People will buy anything, haven't you heard?" Lynne joked. "And there's never a time when it sucks to make more money. Especially if you're making it by offering out things that would be of use to people...or helpful, you know? Like, you said you're improving things that already exist, right? Who doesn't need that, you know?"
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:54 pm

"Another reason to avoid talking about politics." She smirked, and as it appeared that Lynne was finished with the bobbypins, put the rest back in the box. "So, Tuesday through Saturday. And don't fret yourself - when I ask for you, I will get you. I'm a stubborn bitch when it comes to getting my way. Especially when it's something as important as my hair." Or an excellent test subject. What a lucky coincidence that it was both in one package.

"No, no, that's fine. And I was starting to wonder a bit whether your plans for my bangs had changed." Kate chuckled softly and watched as Lynne rearranged strands of her hair until they were doing what she wanted. She got a thoughtful look and barely kept herself from nodding. "I'll have to see what my partner thinks. I should call her my keeper, actually - lord knows I need one when I really get going on any of my projects."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:11 am

"Another reason to avoid talking about politics."

"Touche," Lynne laughed as she turned on the flattening iron to let it heat up. "Well, then, I suppose I'll be seeing you again," she added with a smirk. "I'm glad you're happy with the service. I get a bit nervous about the end result when a client basically gives me free reign," she admitted as she picked up the iron.

"I'll have to see what my partner thinks. I should call her my keeper, actually - lord knows I need one when I really get going on any of my projects."

Lynne closed the iron over Catherine's bangs and slid it down the tresses a few times, twisting her wrist just slightly as she neared the ends in order to soften the blunt appearance of them. "Well, I think you should run it by her, in any case. I bet you'd do a lot better than you think." She set down the iron and handed Catherine a hand mirror, before slowly turning Catherine's chair to face her. "Whaddya think?" she asked with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:25 am

"You most certainly will." She smirked and wagged a finger at Lynne's reflection. "Have more confidence in yourself - you have excellent judgement in what will work." Kate closed her eyes as the iron was put into use, not exactly comfortable with watching it.

"I'll see about it. There might be a market for some of our work right now, actually..." And what they could get up to if they could convince people to replace the CCTV networks with the digital replacements she and Teresa had created....oh, that was intriguing all in itself.

She accepted the offered mirror, but didn't open her eyes until she'd been turned around. Opening her eyes, she moved the hand mirror about to get the best view of the creation, and grinned at Lynne. "I think I've definitely found my personal stylist, is what I think. It's perfect."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:32 am

"I think I've definitely found my personal stylist, is what I think. It's perfect."

Lynne beamed back at Catherine. She knew that she was good at what she did, but ever since moving to Cardiff, she'd been forced to second-guess her every move simply by the unimpressed reactions of most of the patrons in the salone. She felt the proverbial weight lift off her chest. "I'm telling you...good luck with that," she warned through her smile.

"And thank you. It's not so much that I haven't got confidence in my work...it's that I haven't got confidence in getting the same positive reactions here that I used to get in the States. I have to wonder if I'm missing something; if the style preferences are vastly different here or something, you know? That's all. But thank you. So much," she added.

"You're all set. I hope you do patent some of your inventions. Besides the fact that now you've got me all sorts of curious, I'll be able to say that I knew you back when," Lynne said with a wink as she removed the cape.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:50 am

"Oh, trust me. When I'm seen tonight...well, after they get over the shock of actually seeing me attending a charity function, I'm quite certain I'll be quizzed about my hair no end. And while I've no clue about differences in style preferences, there will be quite a few people interested in at least giving you a try."

Kate slid her hand into her bag as Lynne removed the cape and smiled as she stood. "It will probably take some time before anything is out for public consumption, but I think the effort will be worth it in the long run." She offered her hand to Lynne, palm down, for a slightly awkward shake, "Thank you for all your hard work."

There was a tip concealed in that awkward handshake. One that was probably twice as much as Kate would wind up paying for the wash and style.
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:00 am

Lynne took Catherine's hand and shook it, all too familiar with that method of tipping, now. She slipped her hand into her pocket, dropping the tip there without looking at it - looking while the customer was still present was rude and undignified...and absolutely not tolerated in this salon, even if it was neither of the former. "Don't mention it," she replied and smiled. "Thank you."

Normally this was the part where Lynne would try not to throw things at the client's retreating back, but Catherine, she liked. "I'll walk you out to reception. I don't have any cards, but the salon does...I can give you some and just put my name on them, if you like..." she offered as she gestured for Catherine to take the lead. "I'm really happy that you like it and I hope you have a lot of fun at your event tonight," she added.
Back to top Go down
icywhispers
icywhispers

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:16 am

"I'd like that, thank you. It should save me a little time in explaining who and where." She smiled, and then lead the way back up front. "I'll be having more fun, now that I don't have to worry about my hair. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 am

As the receptionist rang Catherine up, Lynne scrawled her name on a few business cards for the salon and handed them to Catherine. "Hopefully I'll see you again, soon, Catherine. It was really nice talking to you," she said sincerely. "You'll have to let me know, maybe next time, if you've done anything toward patenting, too," she added with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]   Wash and Worry [attn Lynne] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wash and Worry [attn Lynne]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2