Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Teresa Oliver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alterranative
alterranative

Number of posts : 52
Character : Teresa Oliver
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Teresa Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Teresa Oliver   Teresa Oliver Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:22 pm

The real you
Name/alias: Danyel
Role playing experience: On and off for around seven or eight years, from AOL chatrooms to Neopets RP boards and a few various others. Most of it has been via AIM though, varying fandoms.
Other characters: Rose Tyler

Your character
Full name: Teresa Oliver
Nickname(s): Terri
Date of birth: 12/19
Sexual preference: Male

Physical appearance
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Blonde
Unique traits: (tattoos, piercings, and scars) Pierced ears, scar on the back of her right hand from when she sliced it inside something she was working on.
Face used: (name of the actor/actress/model you're using to represent your character) Claudia Katz
Image:(link us to a picture or embed the image with the img codes - this picture will be made into your official avatar once approved, so choose wisely.)
Teresa Oliver TeresaOliver-1
Likes: Challenges, technology, mornings, reading, fantasy, mysteries, heights, Coldplay.
Dislikes: Clocks, deadlines, over-opinionated people, doing things that have been done already, repeating herself, boredom.
Strengths: Drawing up plans, technology, improvisation.
Weaknesses: Bartering, short temper at times, stubborn.
Hopes: To get to a point in life where she can avoid the usual schedules and day to day repetition and pretty much just do what she wants, when. To do something that leaves a mark.
Fears: Large bodies of water, failing.
Random facts: Has a habit of making jewelry out of things that she finds.
Skills: (don’t overkill it) Planning instructions, following them, and she's good with technology.
Overall personality: She's not exactly anti-social, but she doesn't go out of her way to meet people. People she has met though, she's usually friendly enough, but if they end up boring her she can slowly slip away. Teresa has never exactly been one for seeking out romantic rendevues, but once again, not for any particular reason. Unless a person is really interesting, or the things they do are, chances are they won't keep her interest along.

She refuses to keep track of time, which can be a big problem for her. As a result her days have slipped into a longer than usual time-cycle, and when she has to meet someone she usually ends up going earlier than she has to, if it's one she wants to keep, and otherwise ends up late.

She's horrible when it comes to bartering for something, hardly arguing at all and just going closer and closer to what the other person is asking for until finally, just above what they're asking, her stubborn streak kicks in and she'll hold onto whatever she'd gotten to adamantly.

There are times when she thinks out loud, usually muttering and tends to say things that are important in the midst of it. Her temper'll flare if whoever she's talking to asks her to repeat any of it, though if they're adamant enough she might give in. She won't be very happy about it though.

She has no problems with outward influences, as long as they end up benefitting her and, in her opinion, don't hurt anything. If someone offers something chances are, she'll take it. This counts for criticism, though if it's not something she wants to hear she's perfected the mindset of 'water on a duck's back'.

History
Place of birth: Cardiff
Currently living in: Cardiff
Family: (name, age, how they’re related, alive/dead, relationship)
Marlow Oliver, 49, Father, alive, distant
Kelly Susanne Reynolds-Oliver, 50, Mother, alive, the occaisonal phonecall.
Susanne Allison Reynolds, 76, Grandmother, alive, visits from time to time.
Alexander 'Lex' Reynolds, 45, Uncle, alive, close.
Zarah Treep-Reynolds, 34, Aunt, dead.
Cal Reynolds, 16, Cousin, alive, off and on.
Marital status: Single
Transportation: Nissan Figaro
History: Teresa was raised by her parents in Cardiff. They got along well enough until she was ten and her Uncle moved in nearby. After that she spent alot of time with him, as he spiked her interest, and was more than willing to show her things. When he eventually married, he moved away again, and they mostly they kept in contact via e-mail. This continued on even after his wife's death. He's, to date, the person who's managed to keep her interest for the longest.

She never really did well in school, since most of the time the subjects couldn't keep her interest. She'd do extremely well in the beginning of the school year, but slowly fade off except in some select cases, and usually end up scraping by via test scores. Most of the time in class she'd spend thinking over things, or sketching plans in her notebooks for simple things. Her school friends never really ended up lasting long, and her habit of just stopping here contact with them tended to make her fairly unpopular by the end of the year.

She was left mostly to her own devices during the summer though, and ended up watching herself. During these times she'd lapse into the sort of wrapping days that she went back to during her years afterwards. This tended to give her problems when she had to go back to a schedule.

Once she was out of school she went for jobs where she could work from home and make her own hours. Many of these were shortlived, as the repetition tended to cause her to lose interest, but sometimes they managed to last. Eventually she got enough saved up to get her own flat, with the aid of her Uncle, who also gave her the car when he got a new one.

At the present she manages to get by well enough, doing whatever she needs to as far as her work is concerned once she wakes up, and then proceeding about her day, or night as it sometimes goes. In her spare time she makes things, usually selling them in the end so as to be able to make more.

Libraries are one of her favorite spots to haunt, and the place where she met one of her current, and steadiest acquaintances. After a rather lengthy period of time where she frequently checked out the books Catherine Davies needed, she was caught by the other woman and confronted. The confrontation turned to conversation, and realizing similarity in their goals, they talked until the library was closed. Relocating to a cafe they ended up talking for another lengthy period of time, and by the time they left a partnership of sorts had been started. This has continued for several years, which, considering Terri's record with people, is quite an accomplishment.

Other
Prove you read the rules: Mod Edit: Proven.
Role play sample: (must be at least 200 words)[/quote] 590 words or some such...whoops.

The shop was small and cluttered, filled with piles of things that looked like they were theived from attics and knick knack shelves the world over. Normally it was closed whenever Teresa passed by, as it kept odder hours than her, but for once it was open. It also, to her pleasure, seemed to spread out some extra merchandise in the yard out back on Saturdays. Having not quite found anything she was sure she wanted inside, and not wanting to leave empty handed, she journeyed out there.

"Junk..." She couldn't help but mutter as she made her way around the blanket heaped with merchandise. There was no one else scavenging back there, and it was pretty obvious why. Rather disapointed in the actuality of the mystery shop she turned to go, but a glint of light off of something in the grass a few feet away from the mat caught her eye.

Teresa moved to take a better look at it, crouching in the grass and hunting for a moment to rediscover her find. It looked like some sort of circuitry, nothing she recognized though. It was simplistic and flat, probably decorative she figured. A little ways away she found another piece that looked similar. They were round and had little holes at the top, and put her in mind of jewelry. "Might've been earrings..."

She told no one in particular, thinking out loud more than anything. "There was a rack back inside wasn't there? Might be able to get some hooks..." Her nail caught on one, freeing a little loop on it to hang down. "That's neat...must've gotten stuck." She proceeded to free the other one's loop before standing. Not really worried about the price that would end up asked for them, she took her finds and went back inside. Getting a pair of earrings from the display she remembered to pilfer, as well as a small pair of pliers she found sticking out of a coffee can, and a sealed jar of jewelry-cleaner.

Teresa smiled in polite interest at the confusion of the boy behind the counter when she handed over what she wanted to buy. Only the pliers and cleaner had a price sticker on them, and the soon-to-be once-were earrings he seemed to have never seen before. It only proved to confuse him more when she grabbed a small cracked mirror that was within reach of the register. Eventually they settled on a price, a dollar or two above the one she'd suggested, and exactly twenty-five cents under his initial offer.

She and her bag found a seat in a cafe about a block away. There she ordered 'something vanilla' and took her purchases to a sunny patio table. Within around half an hour she'd cleaned up the earring hooks, transfered them to her faux-circuity ones, and with the aid of the mirror managed to get them in her ears. The weight of them on her earlobes made her smile up at the sky in satisfaction.

If we keep on with that device, we're going to need to change our plans about that part... It won't work without a few inhibitor-signals set in... Teresa realized suddenly, looking down and taking a final sip of her drink. How her mind had gone so quickly to her and Kate's project she wasn't sure, but the sudden burst of clarity was far from unwelcome.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Teresa Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teresa Oliver   Teresa Oliver Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:47 pm

Laughing Teresa sounds a lot like me. Everything bores her far too quickly.

I really like this app...she's completely flawed, but not in such a way that it shouts "pity, therefore, love me."

I also like how, even though she's clearly intelligent, she didn't do well in school. That's so...I don't know, real. I mean, I know people like that. I was like that in school. It's refreshing, in a really weird way Laughing

Lastly, I love that she makes pretty much everything into jewelery. I don't know why but that seems like such a funny/adorable quirk to me.

Mod approval x1
Back to top Go down
http://mistojen.livejournal.com
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

Teresa Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teresa Oliver   Teresa Oliver Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:17 am

Yeah, it's fine by me! Nice!

Unsure what this sentence meant: She was left mostly to her own devices during the summer though, and ended up watching herself.

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong though. Is there something missing there?

Anyway Approved
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble

Teresa Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teresa Oliver   Teresa Oliver Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:18 am

I got the impression that it meant no one was keeping an eye on her; minding her during the summer, personally...
Back to top Go down
http://mistojen.livejournal.com
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

Teresa Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teresa Oliver   Teresa Oliver Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:19 am

Oh I get cha! See, reading it wrong. The "watching herself" had me confused. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teresa Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teresa Oliver   Teresa Oliver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teresa Oliver
Page 1 of 1