Time, Space, and the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Astrid Peth

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelsey

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Astrid Peth Empty
PostSubject: Astrid Peth   Astrid Peth Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 pm

The real you
Name/alias: Kelsey
Role playing experience: None
Other characters: None

Your character
Full name: Astrid Peth
Nickname(s): none.
Date of birth: 28 May 1978
Sexual preference: Males

Physical appearance Blonde curly hair mostly held back by a chignon, pocelain light skin, thin, could be described with a "dreamy" expression, medium height, smiles frequently, petite figure.
Eye color: Gray/blue
Hair color: Blonde
Unique traits: ears pierced
Face used: Kylie Minogue
Image: Astrid Peth Th_37916_DW_10_David_Tennant_The_Voyag
Likes: people with a sense of humour, exploring new places (such as planet earth), traveling, quality time with others,
Dislikes: customers with no patience, inability to speak her mind when she wants to, being ignored, being pushed over, the feeling of being "caged" or unable to do as please, inequality over alien species, loneliness.
Strengths: determined, hopeful, resourceful, clever, adventerous, puts others before herself, befriends others easily, has a sense of humour and is very loyal.
Weaknesses: can be a pushover, often not bold enough to speak her mind.
Hopes: to see new places, make friends, live her dreams.
Fears: being "caged" or alone
Random facts: She spent three years working at a Spaceport Diner. Waitressing has been her only employment.
Skills: can be resourceful and clever
Overall personality: Astrid is a dreamer. She desires to explore other places and planets and can be quite analytical at times. She works as a waitress aboard the Titanic, but her work atmosphere can be quite stressful. Fortunately, Astrid has a well-to-do personality, and can be resourceful when she tries. Astrid can feel quite lonely at times, but she has a good sense of humour and makes friends easily. She puts others before herself in times of need and believes in equality.

History
Place of birth: Sto
Currently living in: Titanic spaceship
Family: Parents
Marital status: Single
Transportation: Titanic spaceship
History: Not raised in a particularly wealthy family, Astrid could only let her dreams take her so far as a child. She left home and started working on her own as a waitress in a busy fast life at the Spaceport Diner. Struggling to make ends meet, Astrid believed she found the golden opportunity to reunite her childhood fantasy of traveling with her work force by applying for a job in the Holiday cruise, Titanic, only to discover she was back at waitressing again.

Other
Prove you read the rules: Mod Edit: Proven.

Role play sample: Astrid was physically exhausted from frantically dashing back and forth, taking orders from impatient customers that tested her temper as well. Astrid was normally not one to act irrational, but clearly, her body cried for a break. While the coast was clear, Astrid discreetly slipped into one of Titanic’s many storage closets, just to relax for a minute and regain her energy. When she quietly shut the door, she leaned against the closet wall and slide down slowly, like a sigh. For days she had contemplated hiding for a short time, for just a moment of freedom, where she wasn’t just some waitress of little importance. She released her stress in a deep sigh, thinking to herself.

Was this really what she wanted? Even though there were thousands of customers on Titanic, an gnawing sense of loneliness crept through her. She had dreamed back at Sto of traveling far and wide, exploring places like earth, rotating below her silently. Back at Sto, traveling was a luxury only few could afford with the poor economy. Her dream was to find adventures she could only imagine….So why did it leave her here, alone in this storage closet? The adventure was now avoiding the world outside.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tennantively.org
cassikat
cassikat

Number of posts : 212
Character : Jenny
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Astrid Peth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astrid Peth   Astrid Peth Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:39 pm

We\'ve got some good points and some bad points here.

Good points - very nice background fleshing out of a character we only saw for about an hour, give or take. And you also have a very good role playing \'voice\' in your sample for having no experience.

Minor bad point - I don\'t think Sto would have used Earth dating - remember, the crew of Titanic knew next to nothing about Earth. That\'s fixable, change the month-spelling to something exotic and definitely do something about the year.

That said, there\'s one huge monster of a bad point - Astrid Peth died at the end of Voyage of the Damned. She fell into a nuclear storm drive, and even the Doctor couldn\'t retrieve her as more than an echo. All he could do was set her free to roam the universe as a collection of blue sparklies.

Now given that we\'re rather wibbly-wobbly with certain things, I\'m not going to reject this application out of hand But I would like to see you to expand the history section, and explain the alternate version of how Astrid survived. Or explain what part of her timeline she's in.

Last edited by cassikat on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Astrid Peth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astrid Peth   Astrid Peth Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:40 pm

Heya, Nice application.

I wouldn't mind a longer history section, but considering she was only in one ep, that's fine.

My main concerns (which I now see Cass shares as I go to post) are: Didn't Astrid die at the end of the episode? If she's only around in the Titanic timeline, how will she interact with the other characters?

I know the DW timeline is open, but these questions seem important, since The Doctor wouldn't cross his own timeline to save her as I understand it.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble

Astrid Peth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astrid Peth   Astrid Peth Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Still haven't watched VotD in ages, so not making a comment on the application itself, but...since Astrid did die at the end of the episode, perhaps you can clarify in the app where she is on HER life's timeline, since yeah, wibbly wobbly timey wimey Laughing So long as she's not met the Doctor, yet, she seems pretty safe to me, but I'll look over the app thoroughly after I re-watch the ep and refresh my memory.
Back to top Go down
http://mistojen.livejournal.com
Kelsey

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Astrid Peth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astrid Peth   Astrid Peth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Actually, i made a quick decision last night and I don't feel up to par.I thought since heck, she was living at one point, we could go from there, but yanno, whatever's fine.

I'll resign Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tennantively.org
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones

Astrid Peth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astrid Peth   Astrid Peth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:50 pm

You could try an Original Character, we'd love to have more of those! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

Astrid Peth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astrid Peth   Astrid Peth Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:10 am

I caught the end of VotD on the TV the other night and I think it's not so far out to have her as a character. She was on Earth, the (I forget his name) old guy (the historian) had a million pounds and one of the bracelets used to transport. maybe he found some way to save her after the doctor was gone? It doesn't have to be a proper explanation, just some hint of where she is and how. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Astrid Peth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astrid Peth   Astrid Peth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astrid Peth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Time, Space, and the Rift :: Getting Started :: Current Players :: Pending Applications-
Jump to: